Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX Shell script does not work Post 302542316 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 27th of July 2011 08:09:59 AM
Old 07-27-2011
Unfortunately it seems to be something to do with the
Code:
/something $i

bit as $i is available in the loop as evidenced by your test.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global alias does not work in shell script

Hi Linux Set up - alias ls='ls -l' Then run script #! /bin/ksh sub() { ls } sub Is there any way to get it working. I don't want to define alias inside of the program Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script, echo doesn't work

#!/bin/sh something(){ echo "Inside something" echo $1 $2 } val=$(something "Hello " "world") Output expected: Inside somethingHello world But it's not echoing. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script does not work if run in background

Dear All, I am trying to run a script in background like ./scriptname.sh & but when i try to run it in background it is giving me an error "syntax error at line 12: `(' unexpected" at the line 12, there is a function definition "function getFileList()". This script runs fine if i run on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bilalghazi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to do a work to my job, but i m new in script shell, someone can help with this..

I need to do a work to my job, but i m new in script shell, someone can help with this.. :confused: Description Bsafe The command creates a backup directory of each month at the command line (arguments of the script). The names of directories to copy will always be specified for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: strshel
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH shell script does not work

Hello I have a Zabbix Server were Linux kernel version 2.6.26-2-amd64 is running. now my Question how can i make a script that does: - connect with ssh to a device - get the systeminfo (but only the interfaces, mac adresses, serialnumber and Software version) - write the output in a file ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fraggy
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

$RANDOM does not work inside a shell script

Hi folks I'm coding on Ubuntu 9.04 standard shell. I'm writing a script that needs to generate a random number at some point of its execution. When I do echo $RANDOMas a command inside shell, I clearly get some randomly generated number However when I do i=`$RANDOM` echo $ior even... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to work command 'cd' in shell script?

I have simple script. like that, I am working on /usr/local/src and also under src folder there is a ft folder #!/bin/ksh #!/bin/bash dirpath="/usr/local/src/ft" echo $dirpath cd $dirpath echo displays ok "/usr/local/src/ft" but that doesn't enter "ft" folder. stays in current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: F@NTOM
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to work on dates

Hi Sir/Madam I have a file data.txt like below file_name date_of_creation x 2/10/2012 y 8/11/2010 z 11/3/2013 a 2/10/2013 b 3/10/2013 c ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Su to another user from root doesn't work within shell script

Hello I have a shell script that is run as root. Script rins ok until the point where it have to switch to user "mqm" to run other commands. It just hangs at the point of this line in the script su - mqm -c "dspmq" I ran the same commands at the terminal and they run fine. Any thoughts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo12
6 Replies

10. Programming

Shell script - if statements dont work

hi all, i have made a shell script and it runs until it reaches the if statement, doesn't the ! mean only if the command fails it will echo me that message and then exit can anyone please help me what is wrong with my code? many thanks, rob #!/bin/bash echo "is this archive... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
10 Replies
BEAST(1)							BEAST Manual Pages							  BEAST(1)

NAME
beast - Music composition and modular synthesis application. SYNOPSIS
beast [OPTIONS] [FILES...] DESCRIPTION
beast is the BEtter Audio SysTem. It is a music composition and modular synthesis application released as free software under the GNU GPL and GNU LGPL. beast comes with various synthesis modules which can be arranged in networks for modular synthesis. It is capable of monophonic and poly- phonic voice processing, provides MIDI sequencer functionality and supports external sequencer sources. A huge set of extra modules is available through the support for LADSPA (Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plugin API) plugins. beast's underlying sound engine BSE also comes with a scheme scripting extension which allows for advanced non-interactive processing via bsescm(1) and creation of additional GUI functionality for beast. OPTIONS
beast follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes ('-'). --skinrc FILENAME Read skin resources from FILENAME. --print-dir RESOURCE Print the directory for a specific resource (e.g. 'plugins' or 'images'). Giving just --print-dir without an extra argument causes beast to print the list of available resources. --merge Causes the following files to be merged into the previous or first project. --devel Enrich the GUI with hints useful for (script) developers -h, --help Shows a brief help message. -v, --version Prints out beast and component versions and file paths. -n NICELEVEL Execute with priority NICELEVEL, this option only takes effect for the root suid wrapper 'beast'. -N Disables renicing to execute with existing priority. --display DISPLAY X server display for the GUI; see X(7). --bse-latency USECONDS Set the allowed synthesis latency for BSE in milliseconds. --bse-mixing-freq FREQUENCY Set the desired synthesis mixing frequency in Hz. --bse-control-freq FREQUENCY Set the desired control frequency in Hz, this should be much smaller than the synthesis mixing frequency to reduce CPU load. The default value of approximately 1000 Hz is usually a good choice. --bse-pcm-driver DRIVER-CONF -p DRIVER-CONF This options results in an attempt to open the PCM driver DRIVER-CONF when playback is started. Multiple options may be supplied to try a variety of drivers and unless DRIVER-CONF is specified as 'auto', only the drivers listed by options are used. Each DRIVER-CONF consists of a driver name and an optional comma seperated list of arguments attached to the driver withan equal sign, e.g.: -p oss=/dev/dsp2,rw -p auto --bse-midi-driver DRIVER-CONF -m DRIVER-CONF This option is similar to the --bse-pcm-driver option, but applies to MIDI drivers and devices. It also may be specified multiple times and features an 'auto' driver. --bse-driver-list Produce a list of all available PCM and MIDI drivers and available devices. -- Stop argument processing, interpret all remaining arguments as file names. Development Options: --debug KEYS Enable certain verbosity stages. --debug-list List possible debug keys. -:[flags] This option enables or disables various debugging specific flags for beast core developers. Use of -: is not recommended, because the supported flags may change between versions and cause possibly harmful misbehaviour. Gtk+ Options: --gtk-debug FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to enable. --gtk-no-debug FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to disable. --gtk-module MODULE Load additional Gtk+ modules. --gdk-debug FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to enable. --gdk-no-debug FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to disable. --g-fatal-warnings Make warnings fatal (abort). --sync Do all X calls synchronously. SEE ALSO
bsescm(1), bse(5), sfidl(1), BEAST/BSE Website (http://beast.testbit.eu) beast-0.7.3 2011-04-08 02:30:18 +0200 BEAST(1)