Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sshd and loginlog
Operating Systems Solaris sshd and loginlog Post 302542304 by oky on Wednesday 27th of July 2011 07:26:44 AM
Old 07-27-2011
did you checked the last command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sshd

i just downloaded and installed succesfully openssh server, and am running it on netbsd 1.5, i can not login with anyuser, i enabled root login just to see what happens and i can login as root, but no other user, i checked my config and most things are default, whats going on? has any one else had... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. Solaris

/var/adm/loginlog

As root I have created the loginlog file in /var/adm with permissions (r and w) for root:root only. Failed attempts(> 5) to log in as root do not get logged in the file. What am I missing?? I am on a Solaris 8 Box. :confused: :confused: :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
4 Replies

3. AIX

sshd restart

need some clarification: if i ssh to the server & i restart the sshd process, did my connection gone? one more thing, there are a few sshd processes in aix, how do i restart it all to read new config? using HUP? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
2 Replies

4. AIX

It helps in the sshd on sshd.log

Friends, I made the installation of the ssh in the it conspires, I configured in the ssh_config the following parameters.. SyslogFacility AUTH LogLevel INFO that should generate sshd.log in the /var/log.... more no this generating. Somebody could help myself in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandba
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sshd question

Can someone tell me the difference between the (2) listed below: oracle pts/1 ip1 May1 7:11 9:11 oracle sshd ip1 May1 7:11 8:22 How do I read the above information, the fact that the row for pts/1 has a longer time duration than the row for sshd. Why is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: banyan
2 Replies

6. AIX

SSHD does not start

I installed OpenSSH on AIX 5.1 but when I try to start it, it says: bash-2.05a# /usr/sbin/sshd bash-2.05a# bash-2.05a# tail /var/adm/syslog.out Jan 8 11:52:22 xyz sshd: fatal: Cannot bind any address. :confused: (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
31 Replies

7. Solaris

no sshd log

My ssh log appear to the screen which i want it to be log to /var/log/sshd.log how to log the sshd to /var/log? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
5 Replies

8. Solaris

sshd not able to restart

Hi, I was able to putty a few server (Solaris 10) of mine using hostname, but when i change to ip address, it shows login as: root Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Password: Access denied I change PermitRootLogin to yes. I tried to do a sshd restart, however ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
6 Replies

9. Solaris

loginlog not registering failed logins

Hello guys, I made a loginlog file to register failed login attempts on my sun-blade 1500 server ( just studying at home) . The code below is how I created the file : # touch /var/adm/loginlog # chmod 600 /var/adm/loginlog # chgrp sys /var/adm/loginlog After creating the file, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sshd - error

Hi, Do you know what cause the error message ? Nov 19 13:42:19 cfsasnd02 sshd: pam_env(sshd:setcred): non-alphanumeric key '-- /etc/environment' in /etc/environment', ignoring Nov 19 13:42:20 cfsasnd02 sshd: pam_env(sshd:setcred): non-alphanumeric key '-- /etc/environment' in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xitrum
0 Replies
fsclean(1M)															       fsclean(1M)

NAME
fsclean - determine the shutdown status of HFS file systems SYNOPSIS
[special ...] DESCRIPTION
The command determines the shutdown status of the HFS file system specified by special or, in the absence of special, the file systems listed in of type with the or options set. All optional fields in must be present for to be able to check each file system. reads the superblock to determine whether the file system's last shutdown was done correctly, and returns one of the following values: All of the checked file systems were shut down correctly. One or more checked file systems were not shutdown correctly, implying that should be run (see fsck(1M)). Other error (such as The command is usually silent. Options Check quotas. Instead of checking the file system shutdown status, checks the validity of disk quota statistics. This option is useful for determining whether should be run (see quotacheck(1M)). If special is not provided, then all file systems in of type with the (or and options are checked. Retry open on a device special file for up to 6 minutes. Be verbose. Prints the status of each file system checked. DEPENDENCIES
only operates on HFS file systems. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
Default list of file systems to check SEE ALSO
dumpfs(1M), fsck(1M), fsck_hfs(1M), mount(1M), quotacheck(1M), quotacheck_hfs(1M), reboot(1M), fstab(4). fsclean(1M)