Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking effects of bin file stored in nfs & run as daemon Post 302542214 by sysgate on Wednesday 27th of July 2011 03:51:33 AM
Old 07-27-2011
Probably no, but it will entirely depends on what exactly the daemon does. Keep in mind that RPC calls made via NFS could be very slow, sometimes.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

problem with NFS daemon?????

hi team we had a problem in mounting a network file system from source server to target server and we are not able to mount the file system and we checked all the configuration files and we execute the command in the source server lssrc -a | grep nfsd we found that 2 nfsd in that one is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixteam
5 Replies

2. Solaris

NFS Daemon

I'm setting up a solaris server at home. At the moment I have to keep running: /etc/init.d/nfs.server start To start my NFS server process. Is there anything I can do to make this happen automatically at boot? Many thanks in anticipation. Stin. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I run a .bin file in another directory in a script?

The way this works from the command prompt is: ___________________________________________ cd /data/local/bin chmod 0755 file.bin ./file.bin _______________________________________________ How do I make this happen in a script. The file must be run in its directory but I can not get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrstdvd
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run stored procedure from shell script

Hello all, I am trying to run stored procrdure from shell script which takes one argument. And also I want to verify in the script whether the script executed successfully. However the Stored procedure is not running from shell script. Manually if I run it update the data in the table. Can... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: PriyaSri
29 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run Oracle stored procedure from UNIX env

Hi Everyone, I want to create a script where i need to run the oracle stored procedure from unix script and get the output(sequence number ) into a variable which i will pass in my datastage job. Below is my stored procedure:- DECLARE P_TRANSTYPE VARCHAR2(20); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run command stored in variable

Hi, I have a shell script where I have to connect t oracle database. I have to store the command in a variable and then run the command through the variable.The OS is solaris 10 and the shell is bash.pls help when I run the command it doesnot work.Thanks. if CONNECT= "sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

>& >&! in /bin/csh

i am new player in linux what does mean ">& and >&!" in script or command line? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
4 Replies
NFSSTAT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						NFSSTAT(1)

NAME
nfsstat -- display NFS statistics SYNOPSIS
nfsstat [-cseuv] [-w wait] [-n net|user] [-m [mountpath]] DESCRIPTION
nfsstat displays statistics kept about NFS client and server activity, active user activity, exported directories, and mount information. In the absence of any options, nfsstat displays NFS client and server statistics. The options are as follows: -c Show NFS client statistics. -e Show NFS server exported directory statistics. -m [mountpath] Show NFS mount information. -s Show NFS server statistics. -u Show NFS server active user statistics. -w wait Display a shorter summary at wait second intervals. -n net|user Show network addresses as numbers, or show users as uid numbers. This option can appear multiple times. -v Show additional information (if available). OUTPUT
The data fields that nfsstat displays for each set of statistics are: Client Information: Statistics for NFS file system mounts. RPC Counts Counts of the RPC calls made to each of the NFS protocol procedures. RPC Info Statistics for NFS RPC calls: TimedOut RPC calls that timed out, perhaps to a slow or dead server. Invalid Invalid RPC replies. X Replies RPC replies received that did not have calls pending. Retries RPC calls that were retried. Requests Total number of RPC calls made. Cache Info Statistics on NFS client-side cache performance: Attr Hits/Misses Performance of the NFS file attribute cache. Lkup Hits/Misses Performance of the directory name lookup cache. BioR Hits/Misses Performance of block cache for reads. BioW Hits/Misses Performance of block cache for writes. BioRL Hits/Misses Performance of symbolic link cache. BioD Hits/Misses Performance of directory cache. DirE Hits/Misses Performance of directory offset cache. Server Information: Statistics for the NFS server. RPC Counts Counts of RPC calls on each of the NFS server's procedures are recorded here. Server Ret-Failed RPC errors returned by the server. Server Faults Errors in the NFS server. Server Cache Stats Statistics from the NFS server's RPC duplicate request cache: Inprog Calls already in progress. Idem Cache hits for idempotent procedures. Non-idem Cache hits for non-idempotent procedures. Misses Cache Misses. Server Write Gathering These statistics describe the efficiency of the NFS server's write gathering feature. WriteOps Write operations to disk. WriteRPC Write operations received by the server. Opsaved Write operations that were gathered (WriteRPC - WriteOps) NFS Server Exported Directory Information: Statistics for each exported directory on the NFS server. NFS Requests Count of NFS requests processed by an exported directory. Bytes Read Count of bytes read from an exported directory. Bytes Written Count of bytes written to an exported directory. NFS Server Active User Information: List of active NFS users and statistics on the NFS server. NFS Requests Count of NFS requests received from an active user. Bytes Read Count of bytes read by an active user. Bytes Written Count of bytes written by an active user. Idle Amount of time an active user has been idle. User Name (or uid if -n user was given) of active user. IP Address Host name (or network address if -n net was given) of client machine. NFS Mount Information: Information about the given NFS mount (or all NFS mounts). The path mounted on and the server:/path that is mounted. Mount arguments originally passed in to the mount. Current mount parameter values and status information. SEE ALSO
netstat(1), iostat(8), mount_nfs(8), nfsd(8) HISTORY
The nfsstat command appears in 4.4BSD. 4.4BSD January 11, 2011 4.4BSD