Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display Console errors in Red color Post 302541779 by ramse8pc on Monday 25th of July 2011 04:42:26 PM
Old 07-25-2011
Display Console errors in Red color

I browsed the forums but i couldn't find the best answer.so,i'm posting here again..
I have a parent bash script which calls another child script and the child script is used to deploy the tar file using weblogic deployer.
The script is used to display the output on the console and sent to a log file as well.
My problem is how can i display any error message in the output in a red color on the console?
It would be great if the errors in the log are also shown in red color.The errors could be from the weblogic deployer or from the scripts.

we use this for deploying the war.
HTML Code:
${JAVA_PATH}/java -classpath ${WEBLOGIC_HOME}/server/lib/weblogic.jar weblogic.Deployer 
-adminurl ${WEBLOGIC_ABC_ADMIN_URL} -user ${WEBLOGIC_USERNAME} -password
 $WEBLOGIC_PASSWORD -deploy -targets ${CLUSTER} -name ${RESOURCE_WEB_CONTEXT}
 -upload $WORK_DIR/artifacts/webapp/components/${CONTEXT}-1.0.0-c.war
Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks
-Ramesh

Last edited by ramse8pc; 07-25-2011 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: wrapped long lines

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Red stop signs in Solaris Management Console 2.1

I've installed Solaris 10 (x86 8/07) on a Dell PowerEdge 2950. When I bring up the Solaris Management Console I get red stop sign looking icons on all areas (System Status, System Configuration, Services, Storage, and Devices and hardware) under This computer. Originally nothing was showing up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayroreality
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to have color coded Terminal display,(like linux)

Hi all, I would like to know how to have a color display in the terminal... In the sense that, In many linux terminals,we have color coded for each file type, green for executable ,blue for dirs and so on... I wanted to know how i can have the same arrangement in solaris(b-79a) I am not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh/csh: set prompt in production to color red

Hi folks This is our prompt at the moment oracle@pinkipinki:/opt/oracle> grep 'set prompt' .cshrc set prompt = "$user@`uname -n`:$cwd> " We wish to have in production the same prompt, but red. Howto do that? I tried a lot a internet manuals, but it doesn't work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding Color scheme in linux console connected through putty.

Hi All, I am connecting to SunOs 5.8 server from windows machine through putty. My problem is commands are not showing any colours results. I want to see 'ls' command should list directories in 'red' and files in 'green' etc. How to do it . Please help. Also How to enable syntax colouring in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
6 Replies

5. Solaris

X11 errors on Solaris 10 - SL Console not showing up

Hi all, I have been administrating large backup environments for quite some time now, but I have never seen the types of errors I'm getting for a client I have in Asia, so I humbly appeal to your expertise in order to fix things. Set up: StreamLine 8500 library connected to a Solaris... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilibau
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display file with escaped color codes

Hi, I have a file containing color codes: Fri May 25 17:13:04 2012: Starting MTA: exim4^ Loading cpufreq kernel modules...^How can I display it colorized on a linux terminal? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
4 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)