Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help to filter read through reference file by using c language Post 302541518 by yazu on Monday 25th of July 2011 03:11:06 AM
Old 07-25-2011
But if seriously what did you try? Or do you just want somebody write a program for you?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read from a file then filter the output

Hi i need a script which reads a certain file and then display it on the screen. The thing is i need to filter the display output. this is an example of the file which is to be loaded in the script. asdfg1.1.1|98 hjkldfe4.0.3|123 asdzxzvdweradfsdafascv10.0.10|123456789... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khestoi
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to read the CTS and DSR of RS232 in Unix using C language?

Hello to all Gurus out there, Could you show me a source code in Unix platform using C language. I want to read the status or voltage level of the DSR and CTS. Thanks a lot, Swing5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swing5
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data

hi all, I have this file with some user data. example: $cat myfile.txt FName|LName|Gender|Company|Branch|Bday|Salary|Age aaaa|bbbb|male|cccc|dddd|19900814|15000|20| eeee|asdg|male|gggg|ksgu|19911216||| aara|bdbm|male|kkkk|acke|19931018||23| asad|kfjg|male|kkkc|gkgg|19921213|14000|24|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimal
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk language reference: book

Gurus, I am looking for a book on Awk programming. A quick Google search gave me Amazon.com: The AWK Programming Language (9780201079814): Alfred V. Aho, Brian W. Kernighan, Peter J. Weinberger: Books by Alfred Aho. Is there anything other than that? Any advice? Thanks. Al. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Any way we can create an SMTP server and use any scripting language to read emails from that server

Is there any way to create an SMTP mail server will all granular permissions to it so that I can read emails which that server receives through any scripting language and also reply from the same server automatically? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping record of file 2 based on a reference file 1 in awk

I have 2 input files (tab separated): file1: make_A 1990 foo bar make_B 2010 this that make_C 2004 these those file2: make_X 1970 1995 ref_1:43 ref_2:65 make_A 1970 1995 ref_1:4 ref_2:21 ref_3:18 make_A 1980 2002 ref_1:7 ref_2:7 ref_3:0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to replace values in one file using a second reference file

Hi, I'd be grateful for your help with the following: I have a file with a single column (file1). Let's say the values are: a b c 5 d I have a second, reference file (ref_file), which is colon-delimited, and is effectively a key. Let's say the values in it are: a:1 b:2 c:3 d:4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aberg
4 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)