Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete files having less than 200 lines Post 302541304 by radoulov on Saturday 23rd of July 2011 03:46:53 PM
Old 07-23-2011
And another one:

Code:
find . -type f -exec sh -c '
  [ $(
        wc -l < "$1"
		) -lt 200 ] &&
          rm  -- "$1"
		  ' inline {} \;

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete first 5 lines and last five lines in all text files

Hi I want to delete first five and last five lines in text files without opening the file and also i want to keep the same file name for all the files. Thanks in advance!!! Ragav (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavendran31
10 Replies

2. Solaris

how to delete lines from audit files

hi all, i have enabled audit in our server it is working fine,but now i want to reduce the space with out removing audit.i.e..i want to delete some lines from audit file. here if i use vi editer, audit is not geting up. i want to delete the data i.e..logs for every 6 days in audit file plz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to delete all lines from a group of files except the 1st 2 lines

Hello, I have a group of text files with many lines in each file. I need to delete all the lines in each and only leave 2 lines in each file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete first 3 lines of files

I want just delete the first 3 lines of files,nothing else to do, but sed -i.bak '1,3d' *txt seems very slow for huge files, and I tried sed -i.bak '1,3d;4q' *.txt, remaining only one line, is there any suggestion? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frewise
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all lines with string, process all files in directory

Simply, I have a directory of text files and I need to delete every line in every file containing a specific string. I want to write the modified files to an empty sub directory. I can't seem to get the sed command to delete the lines containing the string, and not just the string, in other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Take 100MB worth files from 200,000 Files

Hi, I have a process which creates almost 200K files. Each file ranging from 1kb to 5kb. This is almost 2GB of data in all files. I have a requirement where the business needs only 100MB worth of files. Is there a way to get files around 100MB (doesn't have to be exactly 100MB) from all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete several lines if the first line contain numbers > 200

I have a file of the following format: $data1 size 1278 dataw datat datau datai $data2 size 456 datak dataf datat datay datal $data3 size 154 datag datas datat datar datas (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific lines from files based on another file

I have some text files in a folder named ff as follows. I need to delete the lines (in-place editing)in these files based on another file aa.txt. 32bm.txt: 249 253 A P - 0 0 8 0, 0.0 6,-1.4 0, 0.0 2,-0.4 -0.287 25.6-102.0 -74.4 161.1 37.1 13.3 10.9 250... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aden
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and lines which are the same just delete it

I am having a two files and different days, and this is example: file1: 06.09.2017. abcd 123 file2: 07.09.2017. abcd 1234 So what I want is that file2 with today's date contains only 1234, so where is a problem you would ask? Problem is here that I put these commands into routers,. and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)