Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FreeBSD 8.2 Huawei ppp.conf
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FreeBSD 8.2 Huawei ppp.conf Post 302541297 by usuallinuser on Saturday 23rd of July 2011 02:15:09 PM
Old 07-23-2011
No ideas? :/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PPP in netcfg

Hi! I'm using RedHat 7.1 and I have some prolems with connecting with ppp. I have run modemtool and told that I'm using ttyS0. Whe I then try to set up a PPP connection using netcfg the PPP option is not there. I have all the other alternativs except PPP. What have I missed? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: <Therapy>
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to get Caller Id in PPP

hello I am workin with PPP to send data from dos machine to unix & Linux machine using FTP with help of fax & voice modem(Caller id Enabled & Exchange provides facility). i need to identify phone(number) connect with Dos machine i.e. to identify from where data is send. so i want to get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yspl
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

CCP In PPP

Hi, I am using linux-2.6.10 mandrake. In which i am establishing PPP sessions with the peer.During the PPP negotiations i negotiate even CCP-deflate compression option. I just wanted to know the amount of memory which is being used in kernel space by the compression algorithms,when a ccp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf

HI, I want a help for Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf (i.e Configuring SNMP) for receiving TRAPS in my networks. I am using RHEL4.0 OS. Please tell me How I can configure above two files in a proper way and at an advanced level. Especially I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
2 Replies

5. Solaris

install PPP on Solaris 9

Background: I have been running Solaris 8 on an Ultra5 with 128MB and 4GB disk for years without upgrade. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Now my ISP has upgraded their software, and no longer talks to my old (asppp!) software. Sun no longer ships newer versions of Solaris 8. So I bought Solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandee
1 Replies

6. Solaris

basic question on sd.conf and lpc.conf file

Hello Guys, Do we need to configure this file only if we add SAN disk or even if we add local disk, do we need to modify? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

7. BSD

FreeBSD 8.2 Huawei E1750 ppp

Hi guys My DSL went down this morning and I needed internet to work. I searched for a config all over but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. After a bit I got mine working fine so I thought I'd post this to help anyone else out there. I am using a Huawei E1750 on T-Mobile UK running FreeBSD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmilos
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf

Hello all, Newbie here. I'm currently tasked with updating rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf on a large set of servers. I know the exact logging configurations that I want to enable. I have updated both files on on a server and hope to use the updated files as a template for the rest of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mide
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf

Hi, I've installed Solaris 11.3(live media) and configured DNS. Everytime I reboot the server, resolv.conf got deleted and it created a new nsswitch.conf. I used below to configure both settings: # svccfg -s dns/client svc:/network/dns/client> setprop config/nameserver = (xx.xx.xx.aa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flexihopper18
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

No SMS notifications once ppp up

Hi all, I have an Siemens IoT2020 with a Sim7000e cellular board that I connect via USB to the board and connect to Telstra Cat-M1 network. I can send and receive SMS and do so using Node-Red but can also do with Minicom etc. When connected I get : root@iot2000:~# dmesg | grep USB ACPI:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antc
0 Replies
PHILOSOPHY(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     PHILOSOPHY(1)

NAME
PDL::Philosophy -- what's behind PDL? DESCRIPTION
This is an attempt to summarize some of the common spirit between pdl developers in order to answer the question "Why PDL"? If you are a PDL developer and I haven't caught your favorite ideas about PDL, please let me know! An often-asked question is: Why not settle for some of the existing systems like Matlab or IDL or GnuPlot or whatever? Major ideas The first tenet of our philosophy is the "free software" idea: software being free has several advantages (less bugs because more people see the code, you can have the source and port it to your own working environment with you, ... and of course, that you don't need to pay anything). The second idea is a pet peeve of many: many languages like matlab are pretty well suited for their specific tasks but for a different application, you need to change to an entirely different tool and regear yourself mentally. Not to speak about doing an application that does two things at once... Because we use Perl, we have the power and ease of perl syntax, regular expressions, hash tables etc at our fingertips at all times. By extending an existing language, we start from a much healthier base than languages like matlab which have grown into existence from a very small functionality at first and expanded little by little, making things look badly planned. We stand by the Perl sayings: "simple things should be simple but complicated things should be possible" and "There is more than one way to do it" (TIMTOWTDI). The third idea is interoperability: we want to be able to use PDL to drive as many tools as possible, we can connect to OpenGL or Mesa for graphics or whatever. There isn't anything out there that's really satisfactory as a tool and can do everything we want easily. And be por- table. The fourth idea is related to PDL::PP and is Tuomas's personal favorite: code should only specify as little as possible redundant info. If you find yourself writing very similar-looking code much of the time, all that code could probably be generated by a simple perl script. The PDL C preprocessor takes this to an extreme. Minor goals and purposes We want speed. Optimally, it should ultimately (e.g. with the Perl compiler) be possible to compile PDL::PP subs to C and obtain the top vectorized speeds on supercomputers. Also, we want to be able to calculate things at near top speed from inside perl, by using dataflow to avoid memory allocation and deallocation (the overhead should ultimately be only a little over one indirect function call plus couple of ifs per function in the pipe). We want handy syntax. Want to do something and cannot do it easily? Tell us about it... We want lots of goodies. A good mathematical library etc. AUTHOR
Copyright(C) 1997 Tuomas J. Lukka (lukka@fas.harvard.edu). Redistribution in the same form is allowed but reprinting requires a permission from the author. perl v5.8.0 1999-12-09 PHILOSOPHY(1)