Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete files having less than 200 lines Post 302541242 by shoaibjameel123 on Saturday 23rd of July 2011 09:03:49 AM
Old 07-23-2011
Delete files having less than 200 lines

Hi All,

I have some 30,000 files in one directory. The files look like this:

Code:
computer
networks
router
wire

I want to remove those files which have less than 200 lines for example in the above file, the number of lines is 4.

I am trying something like this:
Code:
find /path/to/dir -type f -size -200c -exec rm {}  \;

I am not sure whether this is the correct way of deleting files with 200 lines. I am using Linux with BASH.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete first 5 lines and last five lines in all text files

Hi I want to delete first five and last five lines in text files without opening the file and also i want to keep the same file name for all the files. Thanks in advance!!! Ragav (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavendran31
10 Replies

2. Solaris

how to delete lines from audit files

hi all, i have enabled audit in our server it is working fine,but now i want to reduce the space with out removing audit.i.e..i want to delete some lines from audit file. here if i use vi editer, audit is not geting up. i want to delete the data i.e..logs for every 6 days in audit file plz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to delete all lines from a group of files except the 1st 2 lines

Hello, I have a group of text files with many lines in each file. I need to delete all the lines in each and only leave 2 lines in each file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete first 3 lines of files

I want just delete the first 3 lines of files,nothing else to do, but sed -i.bak '1,3d' *txt seems very slow for huge files, and I tried sed -i.bak '1,3d;4q' *.txt, remaining only one line, is there any suggestion? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frewise
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all lines with string, process all files in directory

Simply, I have a directory of text files and I need to delete every line in every file containing a specific string. I want to write the modified files to an empty sub directory. I can't seem to get the sed command to delete the lines containing the string, and not just the string, in other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Take 100MB worth files from 200,000 Files

Hi, I have a process which creates almost 200K files. Each file ranging from 1kb to 5kb. This is almost 2GB of data in all files. I have a requirement where the business needs only 100MB worth of files. Is there a way to get files around 100MB (doesn't have to be exactly 100MB) from all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete several lines if the first line contain numbers > 200

I have a file of the following format: $data1 size 1278 dataw datat datau datai $data2 size 456 datak dataf datat datay datal $data3 size 154 datag datas datat datar datas (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific lines from files based on another file

I have some text files in a folder named ff as follows. I need to delete the lines (in-place editing)in these files based on another file aa.txt. 32bm.txt: 249 253 A P - 0 0 8 0, 0.0 6,-1.4 0, 0.0 2,-0.4 -0.287 25.6-102.0 -74.4 161.1 37.1 13.3 10.9 250... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aden
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and lines which are the same just delete it

I am having a two files and different days, and this is example: file1: 06.09.2017. abcd 123 file2: 07.09.2017. abcd 1234 So what I want is that file2 with today's date contains only 1234, so where is a problem you would ask? Problem is here that I put these commands into routers,. and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
3 Replies
GRI_MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GRI_MERGE(1)

NAME
gri_merge - merge multiple Gri output files into a single PostScript file. USAGE (style 1): gri_merge [OPTIONS] CxR a.ps b.ps ... > merged_file.ps Merges the files onto one page, in 'C' columns and 'R' rows. The CxR files are given in the order of words on a page. The page is pre- sumed to be 8.5x11in in size, as are all the input files, and the input files are sized to fit, and kept in natural scale. USAGE (style 2): gri_merge [OPTIONS] xcm ycm enlarge a.ps [b.ps ...] > merged_file.ps Where `enlarge' is a scale factor applied after offsetting `xcm' to the right and `ycm' upward. EXAMPLE (style 2): The following gri_merge 2 12 .5 a.ps 12 12 .5 b.ps 2 2 .5 c.ps 12 2 .5 d.ps > all.ps produces 4 panels from gri plots done using margins and sizes as specified in the following lines in a gri commandfile set x margin 2 set x size 15 set y margin 2 set y size 15 The OPTIONS, available if your 'perl' has 'getopts' library, are: -u graylevel -- set graylevel for underlay beneath panels, by default 0.75. Values range from 0 (black) to 1 (white), although a value of precisely 1 means do NOT draw underlay. -b graylevel -- Set value for background under individual panels, again 0 for black to 1 for white, with 1 meaning no drawing. -h -- Print this help message and quit. SEE ALSO
gri(1), gri_unpage(1) gri_merge 2009 GRI_MERGE(1)