Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to copy files with Arabic name to / from USB fash disk in Solaris10? Post 302541200 by Mohamed Azzaki on Friday 22nd of July 2011 05:58:31 PM
Old 07-22-2011
Hi dear methyl

Thanks for joining with us ,,

I'm using GUI, and the flash disk is mounted automatically

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy a usb key

How would I write a script to copy a USB key? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that can Copy a Range of files from Tape to Hard disk

Hi: I am a trying to write a script using a loop i guess. What I need to do is write a script that can allow my users to load a tape and copy a range of files from a tape to the hard disk. By range I mean, I would like the users to pick a range of numbers like files 3 - 8 and the script will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjazzie
0 Replies

3. Solaris

mounting 1TB hard disk with Solaris10 X86

I have a 1TB hard disk that I had partitioned on a Sun clone and had 7 partitions of 137GB a piece. (Using a USB to SATA adaptor) I then had loaded a new hard disk on my laptop (T60...Lenova) with Solaris 10 X86. I tried to mount the hard disk but it kept telling me the mount point was busy and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

4. SCO

Copy files to a USB stick SCO 5.07?

SCO 5.07: How do I copy files to a USB memory stick? The stick is formatted as a hd and has an active Unix partition using the hole stick for Unix. How do I get acces to the stick? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pschnell
1 Replies

5. SCO

How do I copy files into USB memory stick

SCO Unix ver 5.07 How do I copy files onto an USB memory stick? Is SCO Unix ver 5.07 able to handle USB memory devices? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Schnell
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is in-core copy and disk-copy of i-node table?

I have found a question from the exercises of my study mat. The question is "Why are there a in-core copy and a disk-copy of i-node block and super block?" If any one know the proper answer then please send me..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearanik
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

9. SuSE

In KDE Copy completed not always mean files were copied to USB flash drive - how to fix it?

I have noticed that when I copy files to flash disk and in UI I see message copy completed in notification area on task bar, usually copy is not completed. So, if I eject the media I loose data. It is very serious problem because may cause loss of valuable and even critical data. Moreover, when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Use 'dd' to copy boot disk to larger target disk

Hi, I'm looking to copy a boot disk on an old Solaris 8 system using dd. I'll bring the system down to single user mode and begin from there. I'm copying my source disk to a larger target disk. Do I need to do anything other than the 'dd' command below because the target disk is bigger? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies
fribidi_get_joining_type_name(3)				Programmer's Manual				  fribidi_get_joining_type_name(3)

NAME
fribidi_get_joining_type_name - get joining type name SYNOPSIS
#include <fribidi.h> const char *fribidi_get_joining_type_name(FriBidiJoiningType j); PARAMETERS
FriBidiJoiningType j Input joining type. Possible values for a FriBidiJoiningType are as follows: FRIBIDI_JOINING_TYPE_U NUn-joining, e.g. Full Stop. FRIBIDI_JOINING_TYPE_R Right-joining, e.g. Arabic Letter Dal. FRIBIDI_JOINING_TYPE_D Dual-joining, e.g. Arabic Letter Ain. FRIBIDI_JOINING_TYPE_C Join-Causing, e.g. Tatweel, ZWJ. FRIBIDI_JOINING_TYPE_T Transparent, e.g. Arabic Fatha. FRIBIDI_JOINING_TYPE_L Left-joining, i.e. Fictional. FRIBIDI_JOINING_TYPE_G IGnored, e.g. LRE, RLE, ZWNBSP. DESCRIPTION
This function returns the joining type name of a joining type. The returned string is a static string and should not be freed. The type names are the same as ones defined in Table 8-2 Primary Arabic Joining Classes of the Unicode standard available at http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.0.0/ch08.pdf#G7462. SEE ALSO
fribidi_charset_to_unicode(3), fribidi_unicode_to_charset(3), fribidi_parse_charset(3), fribidi_shape_arabic(3), fribidi_get_par_direc- tion(3), fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels(3), fribidi_reorder_line(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type(3), fribidi_get_bidi_types(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type_name(3), fribidi_debug_status(3), fribidi_mirroring_status(3), fribidi_set_mirroring(3), fribidi_reorder_nsm_sta- tus(3), fribidi_set_reorder_nsm(3), fribidi_log2vis_get_embedding_levels(3), fribidi_get_type(3), fribidi_get_type_internal(3), fribidi_remove_bidi_marks(3), fribidi_log2vis(3), fribidi_join_arabic(3), fribidi_get_joining_type(3), fribidi_get_joining_types(3), fribidi_get_mirror_char(3), fribidi_shape_mirroring(3), fribidi_shape(3) GNU FriBidi 0.19.3 25 August 2012 fribidi_get_joining_type_name(3)