Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compare between files size
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compare between files size Post 302541184 by mogabr on Friday 22nd of July 2011 05:23:27 PM
Old 07-22-2011
compare between files size

Hello

i have file A created yesterday and file B created today

thanks to help create script compare between 2 files according to size
so if file B is less than 10% of file A i should have echo message with warning
also check if file B exist or not.

this should be run in loop for list of files
i really dont know how to so such compare depending on percentage Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script working for small size files but not for big size files.

Hi, I have one file stat. Stat file contents are as follows: for example. H50768020040913,00260100,507680,13,0000000643,0000000643,00000,0000 H50769520040808,00260100,507695,13,0000000000,0000000000,00000,0000 H50770620040611,00260100,507706,13,0000000000,0000000000,00000,0000 Now i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidpreml
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare file size after ftp?

Is possible if I want to campare file size on source and destination after ftp transfer? If anybody know, please explain to me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: icemania
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare size of two file which is in one directory

I have two file in a Directory.I want a script which will compare the Size of Two file. Can Anyone Help me on this: linasplg11:/opt/dataout/kk/linasplg11 # cat size -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16658 Jan 8 13:58 lina_IP_SIP_1231325621210.xml -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16672 Jan 8 14:30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require compare command to compare 4 files

I have four files, I need to compare these files together. As such i know "sdiff and comm" commands but these commands compare 2 files together. If I use sdiff command then i have to compare each file with other which will increase the codes. Please suggest if you know some commands whcih can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare list [ names and size files ]

Hello, I've downloaded a huge amont of files I've got a list of files from a remote server. -rw-r--r-- 1 str661 strem 453465260 Dec 16 15:54 SATRYS2V1_20021218_temp_bias.nc -rw-r--r-- 1 str661 strem 17669468 Dec 16 18:01 SATRYS2V1_20021225_hdyn_bias.nc -rw-r--r-- 1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

zsh compare size pdf and delete bigger?

I have used an script to reduce the size of multiples pdf. This script creates files with the same name but with different extension. The extension of the compressed files is xpdf. Sometimes the "compressed" xpdf are bigger than the "uncompressed"pdf. I want to create a zsh script to compare each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AMDx64BT
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PSFTP- Compare file size

Hi, I'm using PSFTP to transfer files from one machine to a virtual machine with UBUNTU OS installed on it. I'm trying to find a way to make sure the files that I'm uploading / downloading are being uploaded/ downloaded properly. I want to compare the size of the local file and the remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sessie
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare if the size of the directory is more than 500MB in unix

I use du -sk command to find the size of the directory but when i use the result of 'du -sk' into if statement its throwing error.. Could u solve with this..? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Compare file size and delete the smaller

I am pretty new to scripting, so I appreciate your advice in advance. The problem: 100 directories each containing 2 files that have the same extension with random names. The only attribute that discriminates the files is size. I would like to write a script that compares the files for size... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file size and then copy/overwrite

// Redhat I have this code working, but need to add one more qualification so that I don't overwrite the files. #!/bin/sh cd /P2/log/cerner_prod/millennium/archive/ for f in * do || continue #If this isn't a regular file, skip it. && continue #If a backup already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3pm)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. The TZ variable will continue to work until Dec 2013 at which point it will be removed. Other deprecated config variables The following config variables have been deprecated, but will continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date): IntCharSet (removed Oct 2012) TZ (removed Dec 2013) The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: GlobalCnf PersonalCnf PathSep IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnfPath ConvTZ Internal TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ ResetWorkdDay today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjunction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-02 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3pm)