Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Php script: how to run
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Php script: how to run Post 302541078 by Scott on Friday 22nd of July 2011 10:57:55 AM
Old 07-22-2011
No, I mean that your PHP script should have it.

name.php:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env php
<?php
  contents of name.php goes here
?>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call shell script from php not run ?

Hi. I write a shell script for import data to oracle using sql loader. I set permission 755 or 777 for that script. I can run that script in the consol okay. When I call it from PHP using system command. I got return value 126 this value when don't have permission right ? I check step... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raccsdl
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot run Shell script in PHP

Hello, I have written a code for uploading a file onto the server.The code is as follows: <? if ($_POST == "Upload File") { if( move_uploaded_file ($_FILES ,$target) ) { $tmpsrc = $_FILES ; echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michrods
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Auto Run PHP Script

Hello All! I am looking to build a monitoring script. The script should always run as a system service of some type and should always check that a PHP script is running. Maybe there is a way to assign a PHP script to a certain PID so that the monitor script that check for the PID in top... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elDeuce
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sh script to run multiple php scripts

I wrote a .sh script to run 5 php scripts. The problem is that it's running 1 then 2 then 3 in that order .... I want it to execute all 5 at ONCE.... nohup php /home/script1/script1.php && nohup php /home/script2/script2.php && nohup php /home/script3/script3.php && nohup php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holyearth
1 Replies

5. Linux

Run PHP script when new email received

I have been looking around for a solution to this, i have been developing for a wile though am very new to CGI, PHP and a lot of the web based tech. I have a web site hosted with a cPanel web host. I am looking to have a script(prefer PHP) to run everytime i get a new email to help@xxx.com.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: iKris
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run php script on multiple website domains

Good Day, I have multiple websites on a domain. I am looking for a loop structure that can run each site script. egdomain1/test.php domainx/test.php so on, currently I copy and paste a list of commands but that skips certain commands. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Sergio (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SergioP
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run php and check value in txt

Hello, I'm looking for a bash script, that I will run from cron, that executes a php script. After 5 minutes that the php script is executed, the bash script, must check a value in a text file /public_html/check.txt if check.txt = 0 the script will stop, if check.txt is not = 0 it must... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andymc1
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dry run php script from shell

Is it possible to dry run a php script without actually executing it? Say I need to test the output of a php file to see if it matches a pattern. I need to run this on all php files on the server. But I fear if there are php files that make modifications, sends out mail etc, that should not happen.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

php file unable to run shell script with arguments

echo $result=exec("./permit.sh".$_FILES); pls suggest some other method to run shell script in php .:wall::mad: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3) 						 1						   PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3)

php_strip_whitespace - Return source with stripped comments and whitespace

SYNOPSIS
string php_strip_whitespace (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Returns the PHP source code in $filename with PHP comments and whitespace removed. This may be useful for determining the amount of actual code in your scripts compared with the amount of comments. This is similar to using php -w from the commandline. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the PHP file. RETURN VALUES
The stripped source code will be returned on success, or an empty string on failure. Note This function works as described as of PHP 5.0.1. Before this it would only return an empty string. For more information on this bug and its prior behavior, see bug report #29606. EXAMPLES
Example #1 php_strip_whitespace(3) example <?php // PHP comment here /* * Another PHP comment */ echo php_strip_whitespace(__FILE__); // Newlines are considered whitespace, and are removed too: do_nothing(); ?> The above example will output: <?php echo php_strip_whitespace(__FILE__); do_nothing(); ?> Notice the PHP comments are gone, as are the whitespace and newline after the first echo statement. PHP Documentation Group PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3)