Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User administration
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting User administration Post 302541077 by kpoobathi on Friday 22nd of July 2011 10:57:11 AM
Old 07-22-2011
User administration

Dear All,

I need to restrict the users in our server.

1.History & history -c command working all groups & others.So i need to restrict history -c option for groups & others .

2.Any option available to view user activity with all[username, time stamp, command name etc]
Eg--->user1 Jul22 10:20:11 date

3.Any other Special restriction if you have please reply me

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

remote user administration

Hello, I inhearited several solaris machines (read that about 30 of them) and have a need to be able to manage the user accounts remotely.... Currently the machines all have the same users but not exactly the same spelling (each machine was locally managed before and thus every single passwd/shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgriffin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Administration

I have an application that runs on Unix and the user administration is managed at a Unix level. The application has an application ID which is linked to the user ids which are created at Unix level. Can you please help if I can be able to track which user used the Application ID and what action was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kopano
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64 User administration

Hey guys how do you check if an account is locked in tru64, and how do you unlock it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbn
1 Replies

4. Solaris

user administration

hi ' i am creating a primary group and a secondary group for a user. #groupadd -g 101 test #groupadd -g 102 test1 #useradd -d /export/home/user1 -m -s /bin/ksh -g test -G test user1 in /etc/passwd i can find the username as user1 and group name as test and where can i find the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeepan
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris User Administration

Hi All..... How many maximum no of users can be created in solaris 10.0 Waiting for the reply ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhils13
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris User Administration

unable to run smgroup / smadd command to create or modify the users and directories. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sendhils13
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Zone administration

hi frnds I created sparse root zone, in that zone when i try to change the passwd it is giving permission denied. what is the reason and how to chnage the root passwd in the zone. can u please explain the query. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan ega
4 Replies

8. AIX

AIX user administration - queue management

Dear All Please how can I create a user which would be only able to manage queue printer like creating, release, hold etc a printer queue. He would for example be able to enter commands like : - lpstat -pprintqueue where printqueue is an existing queue on the server - enable printqueue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sobnc
0 Replies
history(n)					       Provides a history for Entry widgets						history(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
history - Provides a history for Entry widgets SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require Tk 8.4 package require history ?0.1? ::history::init pathName ?length? ::history::remove pathName ::history::add pathName text ::history::get pathName ::history::clear pathName ::history::configure pathName option ?value? bell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a convenient history mechanism for Entry widgets. The history may be accessed with the up and down arrow keys. ::history::init pathName ?length? Arranges to remember the history of the named Entry widget. An optional length determines the number of history entries to keep. This may be changed later with ::history::configure. History entries must be added with the ::history::add command before they can be seen. ::history::remove pathName Forgets all history entries for the Entry pathName and removes the history bindings. ::history::add pathName text This command is used to add history entries to an Entry that has previously had ::history::init called on it. This command should be called from your Entry handler with the contents of the entry (or whatever you wish to add to the history). ::history::get pathName This command returns a list containing the history entries for the Entry pathName ::history::clear pathName This command clears the history list for the named Entry. ::history::configure pathName option ?value? This command queries or sets configuration options. Currently the options recognized are length and alert. Setting the length deter- mines the number of history entries to keep for the named Entry. Alert specifies the command to run when the user reaches the end of the history, it defaults to bell entry .e bind .e <Return> [list ProcessEntry %W] ::history::init .e pack .e proc ProcessEntry {w} { set text [$w get] if {$text == ""} { return } ::history::add $w $text puts $text $w delete 0 end } KEYWORDS
entry, history history 0.1 history(n)