Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't read the code.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting can't read the code. Post 302540891 by nikki1200 on Friday 22nd of July 2011 01:56:12 AM
Old 07-22-2011
can't read the code.

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here, can you help me tried to figure out this code. i know that this code is to check the path directory, however when i tried to run the scripts it always says error even though the folder is exist.

Code:
CHECK_PATH_FXN()
{
_CHECK_PATH=$1
if [ ! -d "${_CHECK_PATH}" ]
then
${ECHO_CMD} "ERROR : ${_CHECK_PATH} path is not existing!"
sleep 5
exit
fi
}

Please advise,
Thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any tips/suggestions for a newbie beginning to read the Linux Kernel Source Code

Hi All, I recently downloaded the Linux kernel source code, added them all to a project in MS VC++ and plan to read through it so that I can improve the way I code, read/understand a large code database and hopefully contribute something to the development of the Linux OS. I have taken a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clavian
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql can't read code

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here can you please help me reading this code. because i'm confuse. select b.field_value, b.cust_ac_no, b.net_svc_id, b.inst_seq_no, b.field_id, b.comp_status, b.inst_status, b.inststdt into bash_temp -- is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell code to read and extract a file

how can i check for an unix data structure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhuapaya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

return code of read and/or for

I am trying to validate an ip address, based on what is in the netmasks file, I have a function that checks the values of the ip against the network and netmask, this returns a 1 if the ip doesn't match and a 0 if the IP does. ##################### #Validate IP Network#... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeisken
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Returning exit code from a while read $inputline

Hi searched hi and wide for this with no luck. Maintaining a bash script that #!/usr/bin/bash #does some stuff like setting env etc. f_do_dbwork ... .. #Now I want to exit with the value of $err however $err is re-initialised to 0 on exiting the function Always 0 .... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StevePr
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read files in shell script code and run a C program on those files

HI, I am trying to implement a simple shell script program that does not make use of ls or find commands as they are quite expensive on very large sets of files. So, I am trying to generate the file list myself. What I am trying to do is this: 1. Generate a file name using shell script, for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

7. Programming

C Code to read a word from file

Hello All, I have to write a C Code to read a word from file and Keep track of the number of word occurrence in each line and total in the file. Maintaining total count is easier but maintaining per line count is what I am struggling to achieve. I thought of maintaining linked list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is html code read, compared to say python?

so, the first line of bash, perl, python, ruby, and similar languages must contain the path to the interpreter...i.e. #!/bin/perl, or #!/bin/python. so in the case of a perl script, for instance, a perl script cannot and will never run if the perl program is not installed/present on the system. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies
CALIBRE-DEBUG(1)						      calibre							  CALIBRE-DEBUG(1)

NAME
calibre-debug - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-debug [options] DESCRIPTION
Run an embedded python interpreter. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-debug that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -c, --command Run python code. -e, --exec-file Run the python code in file. -d, --debug-device-driver Debug the specified device driver. -g, --gui Run the GUI -w, --viewer Run the ebook viewer --paths Output the paths necessary to setup the calibre environment --migrate Migrate old database. Needs two arguments. Path to library1.db and path to new library folder. --add-simple-plugin Add a simple plugin (i.e. a plugin that consists of only a .py file), by specifying the path to the py file containing the plugin code. --reinitialize-db Re-initialize the sqlite calibre database at the specified path. Useful to recover from db corruption. SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-debug (calibre 0.6.53) July 2010 CALIBRE-DEBUG(1)