Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting trying to find match from multiple string if statement Post 302540364 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 20th of July 2011 11:51:34 AM
Old 07-20-2011
Code:
echo $COMPUTERNAME | egrep '(abc|def|xyz)' >/dev/null && echo "This works to"

This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace a string in multiple files

I used the following script cd pathname for y in `ls *`; do sed "s/ABCD/DCBA/g" $y > temp; mv temp $y; done and it worked fine for finding and replacing strings with names etc. in all files of the given path. I'm trying to replace a string which consists of path (location of file) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string from multiple dir and redirect to new files

Hi, I am new to script and I want find one string from multiple files in diff directories and put that out put to new file. Like I have A,B & C directories and each has multiple files but one file is unic in all the directories like COMM.txt Now I want write script to find the string... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahessh123
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find particular string in multiple files with in the current directory.

Hello friends, Plz suggest the find command, How to search a string in a paticular string in miltiple files with current dirctory.:) Thanks in advance. Siva Ranganath Ch (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find particular string in multiple files

Hello friends, I have find a paticular string from the files present in my user for example: a username and password is hardcoded in multiple files which present in the my user.so I have to search about username in which files it is available.there are several dirctories are there,so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find string multiple times, same line

Hi everybody, Fairly simple question here: I need an awk, sed, or grep command that will find the same string multiple times on one line needs to return all lines which contain .02 twice. I do know the exact number of characters in between the two occurrences of .02 if that helps, all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrosecl
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple piped commands in a find -exec statement?

I can't get this to work. Running a single command works fine: find . -name "*.dat" -exec wc -l '{}' \; gives me the file name and number of lines in each .dat file in the directory. But what if I want to pipe commands, e.g. to grep something and get the number of lines with that pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find multiple string in one file using find command

Hi, I want find multiple string in one file using find coomand. And keeping it in one variable.grep is not working. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Find Conditions in IF Statement - UNIX

When I try the below if Condition with single condition its working fine. But when I try to Club both its working . But giving wrong results. In my case cond1 = -f ${filename1} = true cond2 = -f ${filename2} = true But Cond1 & Cond2 is resulting in False ??? Please advise ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Reddy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find multiple strings and replace single string

Hi, following Perl code i used for finding multiple strings and replace with single string. code: #!/usr/bin/perl my @files = <*.txt>; foreach $fileName (@files) { print "$fileName\n"; my $searchStr = ',rdata\)' | ',,rdata\)' | ', ,rdata\)'; my $replaceStr =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
2 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)