Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding consecutive same words in a file Post 302540284 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 20th of July 2011 08:56:11 AM
Old 07-20-2011
Something like this?
Code:
ls *.dat | while read page
do
  awk '{print ++a[$0]}' $page > $page.txt
done

This User Gave Thanks to Franklin52 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find capital letter names in a file without finding words at start of sentence

Hi, I want to be able to list all the names in a file which begin with a capital letter, but I don't want it to list words that begin a new sentence. Is there any way round this? Thanks for your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kev269
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding no of counts the words occured

hi, cud u help me to find this. i hav 2 files. file1 has data as "ARUN ARUN is from Australia Arun likes America etc.. ARUN ARUN " file2 has "ARUN Australia America" i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunsubbhian
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the most frequently occurring set of words

Hi guys, I have a file with a list of phoneme for words, it looks like this: AILS EY1 L Z AIMLESSLY EY1 M L AH0 S L IY0 AIMONE EY1 M OW2 N AIMS EY1 M Z AINGE EY1 NG AINGE(2) EY1 N JH AINLEY EY1 N L IY0 AINSLIE EY1 N Z L IY0 AIR EH1 R AIRBAGS EH1 R B AE2 G Z and I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrew9191
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the number of unique words in a file

find the number of unique words in a file using sort com- mand. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhikamune
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding consecutive numbers in version names on a txt file

Hi all. I have a directory which contains files that can be versioned. All the files are named according to a pattern like this: TEXTSTRING1-001.EXTENSION TEXTSTRING2-001.EXTENSION TEXTSTRING3-001.EXTENSION ... TEXTSTRINGn-001.EXTENSION If a file is versioned, a file called ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox1212
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding and removing 2 identical consecutive words in a text

i want to write a shell script that correct a text file.for example if i have the input file: "john has has 2 apples anne has 3 oranges oranges" i want that the output file be like this: "john has 2 apples anne has 3 oranges" i've tried to read line by line from input text file into array... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cocostaec
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding my lost file by searching for words in it

Got a question for you guys...I am searching through a public directory (that has tons of files) trying to find a file that I was working on a longggggg time ago. I can't remember what it is called, but I do remember the content. It should contains words like this: Joe Pulvo botnet zeus... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: statichazard
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding consecutive maxima and recording them

Hello, I have a file with two columns (I uploaded it because it is some 500K): File-Upload.net - data.dat If you plot the data with, say, gnuplot, plot 'data.dat' u 1:2 w l you will see that there are jumps. This is actually an orbit and a maximum corresponds to an apocenter and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get group of consecutive uppercase words using gawk

Hi I'd like to extract, from a text file, the strings starting with "The Thing" and only composed of words with a capital first letter and apostrophes, like for example: "The Thing I Only" from "those are the The Thing I Only go for whatever." or "The Thing That Are Like Men's Eyewear" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the same pattern in three consecutive lines in several files in a directory

I know how to search for a pattern/regular expression in many files that I have in a directory. For example, by doing this: grep -Ril "News/U.S." . I can find which files contain the pattern "News/U.S." in a directory. I am unable to accomplish about how to extend this code so that it can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies
Tk_GetScrollInfo(3)					       Tk Library Procedures					       Tk_GetScrollInfo(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetScrollInfo, Tk_GetScrollInfoObj - parse arguments for scrolling commands SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetScrollInfo(interp, argc, argv, dblPtr, intPtr) int Tk_GetScrollInfoObj(interp, objc, objv, dblPtr, intPtr) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. int argc (in) Number of strings in argv array. const char *argv[] (in) Argument strings. These represent the entire widget command, of which the first word is typically the widget name and the second word is typically xview or yview. int objc (in) Number of Tcl_Obj's in objv array. Tcl_Obj *const objv[] (in) Argument objects. These represent the entire widget command, of which the first word is typically the widget name and the second word is typically xview or yview. double *dblPtr (out) Filled in with fraction from moveto option, if any. int *intPtr (out) Filled in with line or page count from scroll option, if any. The value may be negative. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetScrollInfo parses the arguments expected by widget scrolling commands such as xview and yview. It receives the entire list of words that make up a widget command and parses the words starting with argv[2]. The words starting with argv[2] must have one of the following forms: moveto fraction scroll number units scroll number pages Any of the moveto, scroll, units, and pages keywords may be abbreviated. If argv has the moveto form, TK_SCROLL_MOVETO is returned as result and *dblPtr is filled in with the fraction argument to the command, which must be a proper real value. If argv has the scroll form, TK_SCROLL_UNITS or TK_SCROLL_PAGES is returned and *intPtr is filled in with the number value, which must be a proper integer. If an error occurs in parsing the arguments, TK_SCROLL_ERROR is returned and an error message is left in interp->result. Tk_GetScrollInfoObj is identical in function to Tk_GetScrollInfo. However, Tk_GetScrollInfoObj accepts Tcl_Obj style arguments, making it more appropriate for use with new development. KEYWORDS
parse, scrollbar, scrolling command, xview, yview Tk 8.0 Tk_GetScrollInfo(3)