Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Yank versus control-insert formatting differences? Post 302540025 by marshlight on Tuesday 19th of July 2011 10:44:04 AM
Old 07-19-2011
Thanks for the reply! I had taken a 111x147 gridmap of the above format (I do need all the columns eventually) and shortened it to 90x97 - that's what I meant by paring down. But your instructions may be useful in the future!

After I read what I wrote, I realized it sounded crazy, so I went digging for other reasons why things might not be working. It appears that there's another file that is connected to what str2int reads, and if everything (ie gridmap definition) doesn't exactly match, it doesn't work and defaults to the error above. Not a particularly enlightening system but it gives me something to go on. In short, nevermind...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

yank

This is supposed to be simple to do but I am having a hard time trying to yank 1 line (yy) but creating from it 100 lines. I can do yy then keep hitting . to repeat but it doesn't make sense. I may want to create 1000 lines from the one liner. yy then 99 p doesn't work.... Thanks. I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CTRL+H versus ^? versus BACKSPACE

Hi Gurus! I recently got my shell account (HP UX v11) created by our sysadmin and am having problem deleting with the backspace key. After doing some reading, I believe I need to enter a custom "STTY..." statement in my profile. Can someone please help me with the correct "STTY" sequence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

<LF> versus <CR>/<LF>

Hello, Can someone explain how to distinguish a LF character and a CR/LF character in a text file from a shell script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

annoying vi yank word + delete all question

Hello when i try to yank word only that looks like this "$$foo$" when i stand with my curser marker on the first char ($) and do in vi : "yw" (yank word) its yanks me only the "$" char when i stand white my curser on "f" its yank's me only "foo" how can i yank all word no matter what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yank a column in vi

I have a file which has data in columns. Is there a way to yank columns in vi? I tried searching in this forum. I did not find it. Please help me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevelrf
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cpio versus cp

I am copying a file system to another one. someone suggest me use find . -print |cpio -pdmv but I think cp -r should do the same thing. Am I right? In addition, by using " find . ", I got all the file names,, why do I have to use the -print option? Thanks a lot! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fredao
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

^M in yank but not in file in Vim

I am trying to visually select a section of text in vim and then substitute for it using the :%s/ sequence. First I visually select text. Then I yank using "ay. Then I type :%s/ followed by Control R and the register name, in this case a. This fills in the text I have visually selected into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enobarbus37
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 Flat Files and process the differences

Hi Hope you are having a great weeknd !! I had a question and need your expertise for this : I have 2 files File1 & File2(of same structure) which I need to compare on some columns. I need to find the values which are there in File2 but not in File 1 and put the Differences in another file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_8398
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert LF and TAB for formatting

trying to insert a LF and 2 TABs for this: sed 's/<td><\/td>/<td>\n\t\t<\/td>/' infile. but, I'm not getting the syntax for inserting the LF and TABs correct (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting file data to another file (control character related)

I have to write a program to read data from files and then format into another file. However, I face a strange problem related to control character that I can't understand and solve. The source file is compose of many lines with such format: T_NAME|P_NAME|P_CODE|DOCUMENT_PATH|REG_DATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk6279
3 Replies
CGRULES.CONF(5) 						 libcgroup Manual						   CGRULES.CONF(5)

NAME
cgrules.conf - libcgroup configuration file DESCRIPTION
cgrules.conf configuration file is used by libcgroups to define control groups to which a process belongs. The file contains a list of rules which assign to a defined group/user a control group in a subsystem (or control groups in subsystems). Rules have two formats: <user> <controllers> <destination> <user>:<process name> <controllers> <destination> Where: user can be: - a user name - a group name with @group syntax - the wildcard '*', for any user or group - '%', which is equivalent to "ditto" (useful for multi-line rules where different cgroups need to be specified for various hierarchies for a single user) process name is optional and it can be: - a process name - a full command path of a process controllers can be: - comma separated controller names (no spaces) or - * (for all mounted controllers) destination can be: - path relative to the controller hierarchy (ex. pgrp1/gid1/uid1) - following strings called "templates" and will get expanded %u username, uid if name resolving fails %U uid %g group name, gid if name resolving fails %G gid %p process name, pid if name not available %P pid '' can be used to escape '%' First rule which matches the criteria will be executed. Any text starting with '#' is considered as a start of comment line and is ignored. If the destination contains template string, the control group can be created on-fly. In time when some process wants to use the template rule which leads to control group (see cgexec (1)) and the control group does not exist, the group is created. The template control group parameters can be specified in cgconfig.conf configuration file. See (cgconfig.conf (5)). If the template definition is not found there created group have default kernel setting. EXAMPLES
student devices /usergroup/students Student's processes in the 'devices' subsystem belong to the control group /usergroup/students. student:cp devices /usergroup/students/cp When student executes 'cp' command, the processes in the 'devices' subsystem belong to the control group /usergroup/students/cp. @admin * admingroup/ Processes started by anybody from admin group no matter in what subsystem belong to the control group admingroup/. peter cpu test1/ % memory test2/ The first line says Peter's task for cpu controller belongs to test1 control group. The second one says Peter's tasks for memory controller belong to test2/ control group. * * default/ All processes in any subsystem belong to the control group default/. Since the earliest matched rule is applied, it makes sense to have this line at the end of the list. It will put a task which was not mentioned in the previous rules to default/ control group. @students cpu,cpuacct students/%u Processes in cpu and cpuacct subsystems started by anybody from students group belong to group students/name. Where "name" is user name of owner of the process. FILES
/etc/cgrules.conf default libcgroup configuration file SEE ALSO
cgconfig.conf (5), cgclassify (1), cgred.conf (5) BUGS
Linux 2009-03-10 CGRULES.CONF(5)