Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users What does "__FD_PRN_" means in perl code ? Post 302539943 by pludi on Tuesday 19th of July 2011 07:16:43 AM
Old 07-19-2011
It's nothing special to Perl, just a string it searches for and then replaces. The only thing it's probably specific to is the application that generated the original string.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Any idea what this counter means "tcpTimRetrans"

I am chasing an issue where I see drop packets, in order to dig the problem further I issue netstat -s -P tcp command which shows me the stats from the tcp perspective. In that stats I see a counter which is "tcpTimRetrans" which increments along with "tcpRetransSegs". When both of these counter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: purechgo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file "pax_global_header" means what?

I'm using Red Hat 9.0, the kernel is 2.4.20-8, I want to update the kernel , go to www.kernel.org and then download the linux-2.4.37.7.tar.bz2 to /root # ll total 88576 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1057 Dec 1 03:23 anaconda-ks.cfg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 13205 Dec ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl file, one line code include "length, rindex, substr", slow

Hi Everyone, # cat a.txt a;b;c;64O a;b;c;d;ee;f # cat a.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my $tmp3 = ",,a,,b,,c,,d,,e,,f,,"; open(my $FA, "a.txt") or die "$!"; while(<$FA>) { chomp; my @tmp=split(/\;/, $_); if ( ($tmp =~ m/^(64O)/i) || ($tmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What "-a" operator means in "if" statement

Hi I am trying to figure out what the following line does, I work in ksh88: ] && LIST="$big $LIST" Not sure what "-a" means in that case. Thanks a lot for any advice -A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What does "Eris Free" means, from the acronym EFNET

Ok so I have searched google pretty exstensively to find this out, no luck so far . . . Basically I wanted to know what "Eris Free" means, from the acronym EFNET. I was thinking that Eris is generally to do with discordianism, but have so far only found it as a reference to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: U_C_Dispatj
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Means to check if some process is running on "n" number of machines

Team, I would like to know, if we have any command in Solaris to verify, if some process is listening on a port on a set of machines. for eg: Wrote the below script, and found that when a process is listening on that port, then it just waits there and doesnt come out. Rather, I would like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msgforsunil
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl: Can someone please explain this code "sort { $a <=> $b } @unsorted"

@sorted = sort { $a <=> $b } @unsorted; I am having hard time understanding how this works? I know the output but interested to know the working. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What does "force devmap reload" as in "multipath -r" means for my system and stability of my system?

Cannot present unpresented disks back again. On a test server tried this as a solution "multipath -r" and it worked. Too worried to try it in production before I know all the information. Any info would be appreciated! Also some links to the documentation on this specific issue could help a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsteppe
1 Replies
GRI_MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GRI_MERGE(1)

NAME
gri_merge - merge multiple Gri output files into a single PostScript file. USAGE (style 1): gri_merge [OPTIONS] CxR a.ps b.ps ... > merged_file.ps Merges the files onto one page, in 'C' columns and 'R' rows. The CxR files are given in the order of words on a page. The page is pre- sumed to be 8.5x11in in size, as are all the input files, and the input files are sized to fit, and kept in natural scale. USAGE (style 2): gri_merge [OPTIONS] xcm ycm enlarge a.ps [b.ps ...] > merged_file.ps Where `enlarge' is a scale factor applied after offsetting `xcm' to the right and `ycm' upward. EXAMPLE (style 2): The following gri_merge 2 12 .5 a.ps 12 12 .5 b.ps 2 2 .5 c.ps 12 2 .5 d.ps > all.ps produces 4 panels from gri plots done using margins and sizes as specified in the following lines in a gri commandfile set x margin 2 set x size 15 set y margin 2 set y size 15 The OPTIONS, available if your 'perl' has 'getopts' library, are: -u graylevel -- set graylevel for underlay beneath panels, by default 0.75. Values range from 0 (black) to 1 (white), although a value of precisely 1 means do NOT draw underlay. -b graylevel -- Set value for background under individual panels, again 0 for black to 1 for white, with 1 meaning no drawing. -h -- Print this help message and quit. SEE ALSO
gri(1), gri_unpage(1) gri_merge 2009 GRI_MERGE(1)