Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Firefox crashing
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Firefox crashing Post 302539549 by bakunin on Monday 18th of July 2011 05:39:39 AM
Old 07-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by COKEDUDE
I am not getting any error messages.
In case you don't already: try starting it from the command line. You might get some error messages you don't see when you start it from a graphical environment.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c++ class keeps crashing

i just started learning to prog in c++, im using netbeans. i tryed to make a class and i keep getting this error. what am i doing wrong ? ----------------------------- class test { public: int funtime(); private: int time; }; int test::funtime()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akira300
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 crashing

Hi, My system is crashing with following error .. i tried to boot from the network and unencapsulated the root disk from SVM .. but still not able to boot the box , can any one point me to some direction .. i do not want to build the box new as of now just want to troubleshoot if possible.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Fedora 11 crashing help

Using Fedora 11, just about every day the system started crashing. Becomes unresponsive to keyboard/mouse, nothing appears on screen but box is still running. Still responds to ping, arp address stays alive in the firewall, other than that its unresponsive Where can I look to find out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ippy98
1 Replies

4. Programming

Why this C program is crashing?

Hi, Why I am getting 'SIGSEGV' in the following code? char* p="abcde"; printf("%s", 3); // Segmentation Fault (core dump) Kindly help me to understand what exactly makes the program to crash or the reason for the crashing. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

5. Web Development

MySQL Server Crashing need Help

Hi, we have some problem with mysql high cpu , would like some help with MySQL Tuning here are the mysqltuner & tuning-primer details mysqltuner: # mysqltuner >> MySQLTuner 1.1.1 - Major Hayden <major@mhtx.net> >> Run with '--help' for additional options and output filtering --------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cataplexy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mozilla mail crashing

Hi , OS : LINUX rhel 4 Since last 3 weeks , when try to down load any file from mozilla , it crashes ? Searched the MOZILLA site for probable solutionbut could not get the solution. Tried login as root cd ~ rm -rf .mozilla/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Random Crashing

Over the last month or so my CentOS server has been crashing for reasons I do not know. It has been running for over a year with regular yum updates without problems. The load on the server is perfectly normal with CPU usage at 5-6% and RAM usage at less than half of 32GB of RAM (multiple smaller... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spinner0205
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris V440 keeps crashing

Hi, I have Sun Solaris V440, every two days or so, the system crashes and it's at OK prompt. After that I do the FSCK and clear all the bad sectors. Then system stays up for close to 48 hours. Then it crashes again. I checked the logs and I don't see anything under /var/adm/messages file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Application keep on crashing need to troubleshoot

Hi experts, I am using RHEL as my distro and I have a very important application running on that server. That application is a third party application and I don't have control with the source. That application keeps on crashing or stop like every other day and it doesn't have any traces on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
1 Replies
DMESG(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DMESG(1)

NAME
dmesg - print or control the kernel ring buffer SYNOPSIS
dmesg [-c] [-r] [-n level] [-s bufsize] DESCRIPTION
dmesg is used to examine or control the kernel ring buffer. The program helps users to print out their bootup messages. Instead of copying the messages by hand, the user need only: dmesg > boot.messages and mail the boot.messages file to whoever can debug their problem. OPTIONS
-c Clear the ring buffer contents after printing. -r Print the raw message buffer, i.e., don't strip the log level prefixes. -s bufsize Use a buffer of size bufsize to query the kernel ring buffer. This is 16392 by default. (The default kernel syslog buffer size was 4096 at first, 8192 since 1.3.54, 16384 since 2.1.113.) If you have set the kernel buffer to be larger than the default then this option can be used to view the entire buffer. -n level Set the level at which logging of messages is done to the console. For example, -n 1 prevents all messages, except panic messages, from appearing on the console. All levels of messages are still written to /proc/kmsg, so syslogd(8) can still be used to control exactly where kernel messages appear. When the -n option is used, dmesg will not print or clear the kernel ring buffer. When both options are used, only the last option on the command line will have an effect. SEE ALSO
syslogd(8) AVAILABILITY
The dmesg command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. DMESG(1)