Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vertical total and listing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Vertical total and listing Post 302539345 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 16th of July 2011 11:05:09 PM
Old 07-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jostber
Should the separator be space instead in your awk code?
Code:
awk -F" "

A single space is the default delimiter in awk

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Easy one : command listing total memory

Hi, I have been searching for a command that lists the total amount of memory in the HP-UX doc but haven't found it yet. vmstat is not exactly what i want. Does the command exists on HP UX? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginer
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep running total/ final total across multiple files

Ok, another fun hiccup in my UNIX learning curve. I am trying to count the number of occurrences of an IP address across multiple files named example.hits. I can extract the number of occurrences from the files individually but when you use grep -c with multiple files you get the output similar to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrAd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vertical tabs

I am trying to get this to display vertically like in a table but it keeps jumping to a new line dev=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -d " " -f1) dev1=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -f 2 -d "%") dev2=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -f 14-16 -d " ") dev3=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -f 18-20 -d " ")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjanisse
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Horizontal to vertical

Hi, Silly question, if I have an excel file that looks something like this: ................. Subject 1 Subject 2 Subject 3 Subject 4 Fever..............13...........9.............23..........14 Headache.........2............12...........18..........23... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vertical to horizontal

dear all, i'm new to unix and i try to figure out the best case for making list of vertical text to become horizontal and skip the line 1 and 2. example text : Data DATE XXXXX MAX 47 53 49 51 48 48 7 46 51 8 25 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrisetia
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i do the vertical to horizontal??

51009 8746 8912 17986 20315 24998 5368 38934 7805 8566 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies
acctcms(1M)															       acctcms(1M)

NAME
acctcms - command summary from per-process accounting records SYNOPSIS
[options] files DESCRIPTION
reads one or more files, normally in the form described in acct(4). It adds all records for processes that executed identically-named com- mands, sorts them, and writes them to the standard output, normally using an internal summary format. Options recognizes the following options: Print output in ASCII rather than in the internal summary format. The output includes command name, number of times executed, total kcore- minutes, total CPU minutes, total real minutes, mean size (in K), mean CPU minutes per invocation, ``hog factor'', charac- ters transferred, and blocks read and written, as in acctcom(1M). Output is normally sorted by total kcore-minutes. Sort by total CPU time, rather than total kcore-minutes. Combine all commands invoked only once under Sort by number of command invocations. Any file names encountered hereafter are already in internal summary format. Process all records as total accounting records. The default internal summary format splits each field into prime- and non-prime-time parts. This option combines the prime and non-prime time parts into a single field that is the total of both, and provides upward compatibility with old (i.e., UNIX System V) style internal summary format records. The following options can be used only with the option. Output a prime-time-only command summary. Output a non-prime- (offshift) time only command summary. When and are used together, a combination prime and non-prime time report is produced. All the output summaries are total usage except number of times executed, CPU minutes, and real minutes which are split into prime and non-prime. EXAMPLES
A typical sequence for performing daily command accounting and for maintaining a running total is: WARNINGS
Unpredictable output results if is used on new-style internal-summary-format files, or if it is not used with old style internal summary format files. The process mean memory size may overflow for values greater than SEE ALSO
acct(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), fwtmp(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
acctcms(1M)