Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCP window full
Special Forums IP Networking TCP window full Post 302538993 by Pouchie1 on Thursday 14th of July 2011 08:47:53 PM
Old 07-14-2011
TCP window full

Hello,

I am working on a solaris 10 server. it looks like there is a network problem. I captured some traffic between my server ( Server A) and another server ( Server B ). I could see in a wireshark capture that Server A received sometimes a "TCP Window full Message" from the other server Server B and then server A tried to adjust his window from 49680 , till it reaches 2960 and then send another message to Server A with TCP zero window. Then right after that, Server A readjusted his window to 49680 and the communication resumes. What does the "TCP Window full" message means in this case?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure Full Duplex and TCP/IP

We are using ZIX 4.3.3 and we need to configure the NIC for ful duplexing and we also need to configure it for a TCP/IP default gateway and DNS server to acccess the Interent. Can you please tell me the commands and procedures for configuring this? Thanks Marc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc3483
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

3. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

TCP initial congestion window (slow-start)

I have noticed that the initial congestion window in my traces is 8920bytes~=6*1448. rfc3390 states the initial cwand should be max 4000 bytes(around 3*1448). At first i thought it might be because i'm running my server on mac os x, so apple might have modified the tcp stack. Therefore I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddayan
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

8. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
FAITH(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  FAITH(4)

NAME
faith -- IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay capturing interface SYNOPSIS
device faith DESCRIPTION
The faith interface captures IPv6 TCP traffic, for implementing userland IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay like faithd(8). Each faith interface is created at runtime using interface cloning. This is most easily done with the ifconfig(8) create command or using the cloned_interfaces variable in rc.conf(5). Special action will be taken when IPv6 TCP traffic is seen on a router, and the routing table suggests to route it to the faith interface. In this case, the packet will be accepted by the router, regardless of the list of IPv6 interface addresses assigned to the router. The packet will be captured by an IPv6 TCP socket, if it has the IN6P_FAITH flag turned on and matching address/port pairs. As a result, faith will let you capture IPv6 TCP traffic to some specific destination addresses. Userland programs, such as faithd(8) can use this behavior to relay IPv6 TCP traffic to IPv4 TCP traffic. The program can accept some specific IPv6 TCP traffic, perform getsockname(2) to get the IPv6 destination address specified by the client, and perform application-specific address mapping to relay IPv6 TCP to IPv4 TCP. The IN6P_FAITH flag on a IPv6 TCP socket can be set by using setsockopt(2), with level IPPROTO_IPV6 and optname IPv6_FAITH. To handle error reports by ICMPv6, some ICMPv6 packets routed to an faith interface will be delivered to IPv6 TCP, as well. To understand how faith can be used, take a look at the source code of faithd(8). As the faith interface implements potentially dangerous operations, great care must be taken when configuring it. To avoid possible misuse, the sysctl(8) variable net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith must be set to 1 prior to using the interface. When net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith is 0, no packets will be captured by the faith interface. The faith interface is intended to be used on routers, not on hosts. SEE ALSO
inet(4), inet6(4), faithd(8) Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino and Kazu Yamamoto, An IPv6-to-IPv4 transport relay translator, RFC3142. HISTORY
The FAITH IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay translator first appeared in the WIDE hydrangea IPv6 stack. BSD
April 10, 1999 BSD