Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vio Build
Operating Systems AIX Vio Build Post 302538978 by mk8570 on Thursday 14th of July 2011 05:19:12 PM
Old 07-14-2011
Here's the output

VIO1
Code:

# lsdev -l hdisk0 -F parent
sas0

# lscfg -vp -l sas0
sas0 U5802.001.9K8H757-P1-C1-T1 Controller SAS Protocol
PLATFORM SPECIFIC
Name: sas
Node: sas
Device Type: sas_ioa

VIO2
Code:

# lsdev -l hdisk0 -F parent
sas0
# lscfg -vp -l sas0
sas0 U5802.001.9K8H757-P1-C4-T1 Controller SAS Protocol
PLATFORM SPECIFIC
Name: sas
Node: sas
Device Type: sas_ioa
#

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Backup of VIO

I have a script running remotely using viosvrcmd command on hmc to back up the VIO servers. these are the steps involved 1. Mount the NFS directory on to the VIO server 2. run backupios command 3. un mount the directory I am stuck up in the 3rd step. I am not able to unmount the nfs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
6 Replies

2. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. AIX

VIO Redundancy

Hi Guys, I'm working on building a new 595 machine.. I'm try to achieve high availability for the VIO clients using 2 VIO servers, The ethernet part is satisfied using SEA failover, Now how do I achieve redundancy for the disks, its the servers internal disk attached to the scsi cards... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
2 Replies

4. AIX

sddpcm on vio

I have same lun (hdisk3) assigned to 2 vios server (dual vio server) and this is mapped to the client lpar. I have sddpcm on the VIO. On the VIOA, the attributes for fscsi1 and fscsi3 are set to fast_fail and dyntrk is set to yes Now, if I do a lqueryvg -Atp on the hdisk3, I get a "DISK... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
4 Replies

5. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

6. AIX

VIO Server

Hi, I am facing an issue in vio server. When I run bosboot -ad /dev/hdisk0 I am getting an error trustchk: Verification of attributes failed: /usr/sbin/bootinfo : accessauths regards, vjm Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies

9. AIX

Reboot VIO - OK?

We've got two datacenters and in every datacenter 2 VIOs. The VIO manages the I/O of the LPARs. So: Is it possible to reboot the VIO without shuting down an LPAR:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DiViN3
4 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

(VS 2008) New build config looking files from other folder build config

Hi Team, My new build configuration always looking for the files from the build where i copied from. please help me to resolve this. I am using Visual studio 2008.It has Qt 4.8. plugins,qml,C++ development I created new debug_new build configuration with additional preprocessor from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
1 Replies
MFI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MFI(4)

NAME
mfi -- LSI Logic & Dell MegaRAID SAS RAID controller SYNOPSIS
mfi* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The mfi driver provides support for the MegaRAID SAS family of RAID controllers, including: - Dell PERC 5/e, PERC 5/i, PERC 6/e, PERC 6/i - Intel RAID Controller SRCSAS18E, SRCSAS144E - LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 8208ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8208XLP, MegaRAID SAS 8300XLP, MegaRAID SAS 8308ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8344ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8408E, MegaRAID SAS 8480E, MegaRAID SAS 8708ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8888ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8880EM2, MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i - IBM ServeRAID M1015, ServeRAID M5014 These controllers support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50 and RAID 60 using either SAS or SATA II drives. Although the controllers are actual RAID controllers, the driver makes them look just like SCSI controllers. All RAID configuration is done through the controllers' BIOSes. mfi supports monitoring of the logical disks in the controller through the bioctl(8) and envstat(8) commands. EVENTS
The mfi driver is able to send events to powerd(8) if a logical drive in the controller is not online. The state-changed event will be sent to the /etc/powerd/scripts/sensor_drive script when such condition happens. SEE ALSO
intro(4), pci(4), scsi(4), sd(4), bioctl(8), envstat(8), powerd(8) HISTORY
The mfi driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
March 22, 2012 BSD