Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vio Build
Operating Systems AIX Vio Build Post 302538972 by mk8570 on Thursday 14th of July 2011 05:01:19 PM
Old 07-14-2011
That was exactly my confusion to start with. On this P750, there are 3 SAS adapters and using the allocation as mentioned in the previous post, I was able to create 2 VIO partitions with 2 disks assigned to each VIO.

Disks are unique for each VIO. I have verified this. Just , I don't understand how is this working since RAID controller is assigned to 1 VIO.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Backup of VIO

I have a script running remotely using viosvrcmd command on hmc to back up the VIO servers. these are the steps involved 1. Mount the NFS directory on to the VIO server 2. run backupios command 3. un mount the directory I am stuck up in the 3rd step. I am not able to unmount the nfs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
6 Replies

2. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. AIX

VIO Redundancy

Hi Guys, I'm working on building a new 595 machine.. I'm try to achieve high availability for the VIO clients using 2 VIO servers, The ethernet part is satisfied using SEA failover, Now how do I achieve redundancy for the disks, its the servers internal disk attached to the scsi cards... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
2 Replies

4. AIX

sddpcm on vio

I have same lun (hdisk3) assigned to 2 vios server (dual vio server) and this is mapped to the client lpar. I have sddpcm on the VIO. On the VIOA, the attributes for fscsi1 and fscsi3 are set to fast_fail and dyntrk is set to yes Now, if I do a lqueryvg -Atp on the hdisk3, I get a "DISK... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
4 Replies

5. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

6. AIX

VIO Server

Hi, I am facing an issue in vio server. When I run bosboot -ad /dev/hdisk0 I am getting an error trustchk: Verification of attributes failed: /usr/sbin/bootinfo : accessauths regards, vjm Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies

9. AIX

Reboot VIO - OK?

We've got two datacenters and in every datacenter 2 VIOs. The VIO manages the I/O of the LPARs. So: Is it possible to reboot the VIO without shuting down an LPAR:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DiViN3
4 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

(VS 2008) New build config looking files from other folder build config

Hi Team, My new build configuration always looking for the files from the build where i copied from. please help me to resolve this. I am using Visual studio 2008.It has Qt 4.8. plugins,qml,C++ development I created new debug_new build configuration with additional preprocessor from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
1 Replies
SCSI(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   SCSI(7)

NAME
SCSI, RAID - Small Computer System Interface SYNOPSIS
dsk#, tape#_d#, cdrom# DESCRIPTION
The operating system interfaces to disk and tape devices through the Small Computer System Interface (SCSI). SCSI support is limited to the Compaq-supplied storage devices and certain third-party devices. To determine which named devices are supported in the default system, refer to the file /etc/ddr.dbase. For example, the following devices are listed therein: Winchester disks: RZ24L, RZ25, RZ25L, RZ25M, RZ28M, RZ29B, RZ55, RZ56, RZ58, RZ73, RZ74, RX23, RX26, RX33, IOMEGA ZIP, RAID (Redundant Arrays of Independent Disks) SCSI controllers: HSZ10, HSZ40, HSZ80 Magnetic tapes: TZ30, TZK11, TLZ06, TKZ09, TKZ60, DLT8000, SDT-10000 Media Changers: TL800, ESL9000 Optical disks: RRD42, RRD43, RRD44 Vendors can add their own devices to ddr.dbase. Refer to the Software Product Description (SPD) for a given release of the operating system for more information on processor-specific device support. Under the operating system, a SCSI device is referred to by a device identifier that is assigned by the operating system. This name has no relationship to the descriptive name of the device, although in previous releases of the operating system disks such as the RZ74 mapped to a system-assigned rz# logical name (where # was the instance number of that disk. Current logical names for SCSI disks and tapes take the forms specified in the rz(8) and tz(7) reference pages, such as dsk? and tape?. Refer to the dsfmgr(8) reference page for the naming conventions for disks, tapes and other devices, such as CD-ROM readers. Refer to the hwmgr(8) reference page for information on determining device names and other device data. SCSI Device Limits The number of possible target device IDs is determined by the controller type and method of connection, such as a multibus connection using fibre channel. Refer to the emx(7) reference page for an example of device addressing. Device Special Files The dsfmgr command creates device special files for all the devices that are attached to SCSI controllers. This event occurs automatically on system startup, and no administrative intervention is required unless an event requires that a device be renamed or its I/O be reas- signed. In such cases, you can use dsfmgr and hwmgr to manage SCSI devices and their associated device special files without the need to calculate values from their Bus, Target ID, and LUN data. RESTRICTIONS
The SCSI device driver is not warrantied to operate with optical disks other than the devices listed in /etc/ddr.dbase/. The SCSI driver attempts to support, on a best-effort basis, disks and magnetic tapes supplied by other vendors. The following notes apply to the driver's handling of disks from other vendors: These disks are identified using the following command: # hwmgr -get attribute -a name This command will return the device name SCSI-WWID (World-Wide Identifier) for all devices on the system, which includes the model name of the device. You can filter the output by specifying categories of devices. Disks are assigned a default partition table. The default table can be modified by editing the ccmn_rzxx_sizes[8] entry in the /usr/sys/data/cam_data.c file. The disklabel command can also be used to modify the partition table on an RZxx disk. RELATED INFORMATION
atapi_ide(7), dsfmgr(8), emx(7), hwmgr(8), rz(7), tz(7), disklabel(8), ddr.dbase(4) delim off SCSI(7)