Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read a delimited string and assign fields to incremented variables? Post 302538931 by danmero on Thursday 14th of July 2011 02:01:35 PM
Old 07-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
..., no arrays required:
The OP want to create "incremented variables" Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/shell question: Read from file and assign to variables.

Is anyone able to help with writing a program that will do the following: 1. Read the contents of a file, line by line, and on each line, assign each of the two columns to a shell variable. 2. perform an action on the variables 3. Read the next line. Here is what I've gotten so far. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i read text file and assign its values to variables using shell

Hello, I have a cat.dat file, i would like shell to read each 3 lines and set this 3 lines to 3 different variables. my cat.dat is: 11 12 +380486461001 12 13 +380486461002 13 14 +380486461003 i want shell to make a loop and assign 1st line to student_id, 2nd line to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign colon delimited strings to variables

Man it has been too long since I have had to do this type of stuff... OK I have a file with lines in it looking like this: bob:johnson:email@email.com (most lines) john:F.:doe:email2@email.com (but some are like this) I need to loop through and assign vars to the values: var Fname =... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
29 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a file and assign variables to data?

Hi, I need a simple csh script to read a file containing data like this Buy Transactions : 175 Sell Transactions : 212 Server: sepo2 i want to read both field and its value and assign variables to each.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravsripad
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables names from array and assign the values

Hi, I have requirement to assign values to variables which are created dynamically. Below is the code which i am using to achieve above requirement. #!/bin/ksh oIFS="$IFS"; IFS=',' STR_FAIL_PARENT_IF_FAILS="WF_F_P_IF_FAILS1,WF_F_P_IF_FAILS2,WF_F_P_IF_FAILS3" set -A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file & assign those values to variables in the script

For eg: I have sample.txt file with 4 rows of record like: user1|password1 user2|password2 user3|password3 user4|password4 The username and password is sepsrated by '|' I want to get the 1st row value from the file and assign it to two different variables(username and password) in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya001
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to read assign values to two variables in while loop

I am trying to read a input file which has two columns separated by space Input file server1 server2 server3 server4 server5 server6 When i execute the below while code it reads line by line and a and b variables are able to successfully fetch the values while read a b do echo "$a" echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign variables to CSV string (bash)

Hi guys, New to the forum, and been messing around with Linux for about a year now. I'm still very much a rookie, so just assume that I'm a total idiot: I currently have a shell that spits out a CSV number string of about 8 numbers as follows: 1.00,2.00,3.00 ... ,8.00I need to assign a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansol
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Psql output into array and read 2 fields into different variables

Hello Just edited the entry to make it easier to understand what i want How can i achieve this: GOAL: read 2 field from a table with PSQL result of this PSQL command is this INSTALLEDLANG=$(su - postgres -c "psql -A -t -q -c -d ${DBNAME} -t -c 'SELECT code, iso_code from res_lang'") ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: winston6071
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Read line and save fields as variables

Hej guys, I am trying to read a csv file line by line, save it's fields as variables per line so I can use them as parameters and execute stuff. I am new to shell scripting and was just strictly following a tutorial. Somehow my version seems to ignore the loop. Any help? TY! :) #!/bin/bash... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Splinter479
12 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)