Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting dates in chronological order Post 302538854 by fpmurphy on Thursday 14th of July 2011 11:15:10 AM
Old 07-14-2011
Quote:
My sort utility doesn't somehow recognize the "M" option.
What operating system are you on?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sorting filenames by order in another file

I would like to arrange /sort filenames ending with suffix like ".00XXXX". where X is a digit. However the order of arrangement is in a text file and is 'harpharzard'. e.g the text file may be like 002345 009807 001145 I wanted to avoid doing this using sql and exporting the text file back to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudimu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Order sorting

How do you sort text in order using sed? :confused: For example 01 B D A C to 01 ABCD (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoGage
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Uploading files in chronological order

Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: circuit.muni
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple sorting with different order

Hi Guys, I have data like this HOS05 23/12/2008 10AM HOS06 15/12/2008 2PM HOS62 29/12/2008 10AM HOS64 23/12/2008 2PM HOS70 26/12/2008 10AM ZFT01 06/12/2008 10AM HOS73 11/12/2008 2PM MHOS0 05/12/2008 10AM MHOS0 20/12/2008 2PM MHOS0 27/12/2010 2PM MHOS0 11/12/2008 10AM MHOS0 30/12/2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckarunprakash
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting PID in decreasing order using ps?

I am trying to sort the output in decreasing order of the process ID while using the ps command. I am having trouble doing this using the --sort part of ps. Also I was wondering if anyone knows what the "S" stands for under the process's status code? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimputt
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting dates in Perl

I have a directory of backup files. named like this: ldap.data.04-06-2012.tar ldap.data.03-06-2012.tar ldap.data.02-06-2012.tar ldap.data.01-06-2012.tar ldap.data.31-05-2012.tar ldap.data.30-05-2012.tar ldap.data.29-05-2012.tar ldap.data.28-05-2012.tar ldap.data.27-05-2012.tar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any way to get find command o/p in chronological order?

Hi friends, I am using below script to gzip files after naming them in a particular order. but I intend to name them in numerical order as per their timings(earlier updated fle with a smaller numeric extension than later updated),but this script is not working as planned. please help with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting sequences in ascending order

Hi, I have this single file with a number of sequence inside it of format >string1 data >string100 data >string10 ..... >string5 ... >string67 ...... the dots represent data. I wanted to get the sequences arranged in ascending order like >string1 data >string5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting strings in reverse order

Hello, I have a large database of words and would like them sorted in reverse order i.e. from the end up. An example will make this clear: I have tried to write a program in Perl which basically takes the string from the end and tries to sort from that end but it does not seem... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort in chronological order

I am trying to sort a log file in chronological order to identify which ones did not process and still have an old (probably yesterday's) date. This is a sample of the file:flatf 010140 flatf Thu May 10 22:22:11 CST 2018 flats finished flatf 010142 flatf Thu May 10 22:31:25 CST 2018 flats... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)