Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [Help] - 2 VM solaris pingable Post 302538620 by bitlord on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 02:39:44 PM
Old 07-13-2011
Check your firewall/ipf. Have you tried using both IP address and hostname? Which VM are you using, for example virtual box?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Serious un-pingable stumper of a problem...

I have been busting my head over a network issue at work recently. I believe the problem to be in the L2 domain, but "the powers that be" believe that it looks more like a server port related problem. And the biggest problem of all is that EVERYBODY in the Engineering Department uses this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to check whether a sever is pingable or not inside the script

Hi, need to write a script which will check number of ip address are able to ping or not .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

host not booting, but is pingable

hi there. im having a problem with a host at the moment, i can ping the host and responds with host is alive. i cannot telnet, rsh or anything else to it... it tells me connection refused. when i run a ckport on it i get answers from : *** successful - smtp *** successful - sunrpc ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating(pingable or not) remote ip address in shell script

i need to verify whether the ip adress given as input to the shell script is pingable or not... that is whether the ip is alive and responding.. ping $ip_adress the above wont work in script because the execution is continuous... so the shell script keeps will dwell in this pinging process...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
8 Replies
ftpaddhost(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    ftpaddhost(1M)

NAME
ftpaddhost - set up a virtual FTP host SYNOPSIS
ftpaddhost -c | -l [-b] [-x xferlog] hostname root_dir DESCRIPTION
The ftpaddhost script is executed by the super user to set up virtual FTP hosts. The ftpaddhost command configures the virtual host host- name under directory root_dir. The value of hostname can be an IP address or the name of a host. OPTIONS
The ftpaddhost script supports the following options: -b Create a banner for the virtual host. This option is useful to confirm that the virtual host is working. -c Configure complete virtual hosting. This option allows each virtual host to have its own version of the ftpaccess, ftpconversions, ftpgroups, ftphosts, and ftpusers files. The master version of each of these configuration files is copied from the /etc/ftpd directory and placed in the /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/hostname directory. If the /etc/ftpusers file exists it is appended to the virtual ftpusers file. If a virtual host lacks its own version of a configuration file, the master version is used. -l Configure limited virtual hosting. This option allows a small number of parameters to be configured differently for a virtual host. See the virtual keyword on the ftpaccess(4) manual page. -x xferlog Create a logfile entry such that the transfer logs for the virtual host are written to the specified file. An abso- lute path must be specified for the xferlog file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: hostname The host name or IP address of the virtual server. root_dir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the virtual server is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed FILES
/etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/hostname The configuration files directory for the virtual host hostname. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpconfig(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), xferlog(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpaddhost(1M)