Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers startX windows application during boot.....putty connection takes the windows Post 302538553 by Corona688 on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 10:45:37 AM
Old 07-13-2011
Code:
export DISPLAY=""

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to take printout of linux file from windows xp using putty?

Friends, I have installed Putty in my windows xp pc. I am connecting the RHEL AS 3 server using putty from my windows xp. My printer is connected to my windows xp. Now, i want to print text.txt of RHEL AS 3.0 in my windows xp printer through putty. For Example: my pc ip is 117.23.2.55... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyguy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putty Input thru Windows

Hi anyone knows how to pass values to putty command prompt from MS windows. since i am have a shell script to get input of several lines. i dont want to type it rather than input values from some windows based application is there any way thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JACKDSOUZA
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming putty windows with a shell script

i frequently have to open multiple putty windows to ssh into a unix server running HP-UX 11.23. Since i use some of the windows for dedicated processes i would like to rename them (the caption displayed in the titlebar) to something more convenient than the standard <Host>.<Server>.com While... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use putty problems in windows

Hello all, I have encountered a strange question. I installed a Ubuntu 8.10 in the VMware in the XP, and use putty to connect to ubuntu. Everything is fun except I can't use the wget in putty, neither does command "sudo apt-get ***". But they are OK in the VM. Can someone help me out? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connecting to UNIX from Windows without using putty

Hi Is there any command which we can try connecting unix from windows without using any third party tool. Thanks in advance KVB (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikky6
9 Replies
pax11publish(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   pax11publish(1)

NAME
pax11publish - PulseAudio X11 Credential Utility SYNOPSIS
pax11publish -h pax11publish [options] [-d] pax11publish [options] -e pax11publish [options] -i pax11publish [options] -r DESCRIPTION
The pax11publish utility can be used to dump or manipulate the PulseAudio server credentials that can be stored as properties on the X11 root window. Please note that the loadable module module-x11-publish exports the same information directly from the PulseAudio sound server, and should in most cases be used in preference over this tool. Use the following command to dump the raw PulseAudio-specific data that is stored in your X11 root window: xprop -root | grep ^PULSE_ OPTIONS
-h Show help. -d Read the PulseAudio server credentials currently set on the X11 root window and dump them in a human readable form. This reads the PULSE_SERVER, PULSE_SINK, PULSE_SOURCE and PULSE_COOKIE properties. -i Similar to -d, however dumps them in a Bourne shell compatible format so they may be used together with the eval shell command to set the $PULSE_SERVER, $PULSE_SINK, $PULSE_SOURCE environment variables. Also reads the authentication cookie from the root window and stores it in ~/.config/pulse/cookie. -e Export the currently locally used sound server, sink, source configuration to the X11 root window. This takes the data from the $PULSE_SERVER, $PULSE_SINK, $PULSE_SOURCE environment variables and combines them with the data from ~/.config/pulse/client.conf (or /etc/pulse/client.conf if that file does not exist). If specific options are passed on the command line (-S, -O, -I, -c, see below), they take precedence. Also uploads the local authentication cookie ~/.config/pulse/cookie to the X11 server. -r Removes the configured PulseAudio configuration from the X11 root window. -D DISPLAY Connect to the specified X11 display, instead of the default one configured in $DISPLAY. -S SERVER Only valid for -e: export the specified PulseAudio server as default to the X11 display instead of the one configured via local con- figuration. -O SINK Only valid for -e: export the specified sink as default sink to the X11 display instead of the one configured via local configura- tion. -I SOURCE Only valid for -e: export the specified source as default to the X11 display instead of the one configured via local configuration. -c FILE Only valid for -e: export the PulseAudio authentication cookie stored in the specified file to the X11 display instead of the one stored in ~/.config/pulse/cookie. AUTHORS
The PulseAudio Developers <pulseaudio-discuss (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; PulseAudio is available from http://pulseaudio.org/ SEE ALSO
pulseaudio(1), xprop(1) Manuals User pax11publish(1)