Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Who edited my text file?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Who edited my text file? Post 302538541 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 10:13:47 AM
Old 07-13-2011
No there is no editing log.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edited Path in Profile File

Definitely a unix dummy. I edited the paths in the /etc/profile file - following the instructions on an install package. Now can't use vi, cat pg ls or any other unix commands. Guess I'm in big trouble. Path reads MANPATH=/opt/hpnp/man PATH=/opt/hpnpl/bin LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/hpnp/lib ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thewetch
4 Replies

2. Solaris

/etc/profile file edited. No command working

I have X4500 and I created a user. I wanted to give him root privileges and for editing the sudoers files I typed visudo sudoers. But it said visudo command not found. After googling I found that we need to set path in etc/profile. I edited that and put the following command ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check crontab edited date and time?

How to check when was the last time the crontab was updated and also what was the modification done ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving file edited whith sed

HI! I have a file that looks like this: >ANKRD30_2kb AAGTAACCAATGCAGGAAACCGAGAGGAGAGGTTTGGAAGGTGGTTTAGTGAGGTAATCCATCTTTTCT AGTGATAAACTGGCACCCAGTCAATTTATTCATCAGAAGGGAATACATCAGCCTGGCGTGGTGGCTCGC CCCCGACCCTGTCAGCGTCACCAGCAGCGCGGATCCATGGGCCAGAAGCCTCTAGGGCGCCTAAGTCAG Number of residues in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanesa1230
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a file name that was recently edited when listed using ls command?

I was trying to write a script that will process recently creatd file. From below, the script should process input_20111230.dat file. sam:/top/work/data/input: ls -ltr input_*.dat -rw-rw-rw- 1 work edprod 455668 Dec 24 09:16 input_20111224.dat -rw-r--r-- 1 work edprod ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
7 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Notepad++ hang when open file edited in other text editor

Hi, I would like to ask about the notepad++ text editor application, Although there are alternative and more great text editor in linux (gedit, geany, jedit) im still using the notepad++ sometimes cause for some of my own reason one of those is the minimalist text(what i mean is notepad++ has a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Fillable PDF becomes unreadable after edited with Okular

Can anyone explain why a editable pdf becomes unreadable after edited with okular? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
petitboot-nc(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   petitboot-nc(8)

NAME
petitboot-nc -- Petitboot ncurses bootloader UI SYNOPSIS
petitboot-nc [-d, --start-daemon] [-h, --help] [-l, --log log-file] [-V, --version] DESCRIPTION
petitboot-nc is an ncurses based interface to the Petitboot bootloader. Petitboot is a Linux kexec based bootloader that supports loading Linux kernel and initrd images from any device that can be mounted by Linux. It can also load images from the network using the HTTP, HTTPS, NFS, SFTP, and TFTP protocols. OPTIONS
-d, --start-daemon Start pb-discover, the petitboot dynamic device discovery daemon, if it has not been started. This option is mainly useful when run- ning petitboot as a stand-alone application. -h, --help Print a help message. -l, --log log-file Log messages to the file log-file. The default log is a file /var/log/petitboot-nc.log. New messages are appended to an existing log file. -V, --version Display the program version number. SEE ALSO
petitboot(8), petitboot-twin(8), pb-discover(8), pb-event(8) REPORTING BUGS
Send bug reports to Geoff Levand <geoff @ infradead.org> BSD
June 1, 2019 BSD