Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem while calling a script within a script Post 302538256 by amrishn on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 10:17:22 AM
Old 07-12-2011
ok..will try to check..but i m unable to get output of echo in the third script..thru console value of USER is showing proper but i m calling first script from another application.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script calling problem

Hi all, I am calling one shell script from other ...as follow ---calling_proc---code line_no=10 proc_name='test' echo "set verify off feedback off pagesize 0 select count(*) from tp_mpolicy2 " | sqlplus -s/@CMKT | read cnt if ; then export $line_no $proc_name global_proc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Calling sql file from shell script

I have created abc.sh file which will set the environment variables (UNIX env variables as well as ORACLE required variables like ORACLE_SID,ORACLE_HOME etc) and then calls a function file which checks for starts some logs and then it will try to execute the .sql file. The .sh, function file are as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sskc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variables value from the called script to calling script using ksh

How do i get the value of the variable from the called script(script2) to the calling script(script1) in ksh ? I've given portion of the script here to explain the problem. Portion of Script 1 ============= ----- ----- tmp=`a.ksh p1 p2 p3` if then # error processing fi -----... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajarkumar
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling problem in perl script

Hi , Here is my piece of code-- main(); sub main { $result = GetOptions ("LogDir=s" => \$LogDir, "Summary" => \$Summary, "Indiviual=s" => \$Individual , "Diagnostics=s" => \$Diagnostics, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error calling TCL script from shell script

hello everyone i am beginner on shell scripting .and i am working on my project work on ad hoc network i wrote a batch (.sh) to do a looping and execute a tcl script i wrote before in each iteration ..but i got this problem " syntax error near unexpected token `('... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcoss90
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a Perl script in a Bash script -Odd Situation

I am creating a startup script for an application. This application's startup script is in bash. It will also need to call a perl script (which I will not be able to modify) for the application environment prior to calling the application. The problem is that this perl script creates a new shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can pass the argument when calling shell script from perl script

Can someone let me know how could I achieve this In one of per script I am calling the shell script but I need to so one thing that is one shell script call I need to pass pne argument.In below code I am calling my ftp script but here I want to pass one argument so how could I do this (e.g:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in calling a script inside a script

Hi team, I have a script in different folder. Now i want to call that script and execute that script from that path alone. My code is #!/bin/bash wname=yahoo PATH='/opt/IBM' wac=`/usr/bin/ls $PATH | /usr/bin/grep "$wname"` STOP=`/usr/bin/find $PATH/$wac -type f -name "stop.sh"`... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script within awk script throws error

I am getting the following error while passing parameter to a shell script called within awk script. Any idea what's causing this issue and how to ix it ? Thanks sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' sh: -c: line 0: `./billdatecalc.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)