Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server Date and Time
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Server Date and Time Post 302538147 by mahmad155 on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 12:38:39 AM
Old 07-12-2011
i checked the cron jobs and this is what i got. Do you see anything that is changing the time?

[weblogic@sdpsb01 ~]$ crontab -l
#00,05,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/opt/bea/weblogic92/server/lib/weblogic.jar:/opt/bea/weblogic92/common/lib/jython.jar:/opt/bea /weblogic92
#00,05,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /opt/bea/jrockit90_150_06/bin/java org.python.util.jython /home/weblogic/EGScript/Monitoring/wlsMonitor1.py -f /hom e/weblogic/E#GScript/Monitoring/monitor.xml >> /home/weblogic/EGScript/Monitori g/wlsmonitor.txt 2>&1
#00,05,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * cd /home/weblogic/EGScript/Monitori ng && /opt/bea/jrockit90_150_06/bin/java org.python.util.jython wlsMonitor1.py - f /home/webl#ogic/EGScript/Monitoring/monitor.xml >> /home/weblogic/EGScript/Montoring/wlsmonitor.txt 2>&1
00,30 * * * * /home/weblogic/EGScript/Monitoring/runMonitoring.sh >> /home/weblogic/EGScript/Monitoring/error1.txt 2>&1
00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * mail -s "Daily Monitoring" l.kaushik@accenture.com <wlsmonitor.txt
[weblogic@sdpsb01 ~]$
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/weblogic

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - Get the file date and time on the remote server

I would like to know if there is a way to get the date and timestamp of the file that is being FTP from the remote server using shell script. Currently the get command from FTP will have current date and timestamp. Tried the earlier suggestion 'HardFeed' but still getting the current date and time... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthokala
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sync Time/date with NTP server

Hello all, What would be the most convienint and proper way on syncing up the time and date on Solaris 8 servers with an NTP server? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Time/Date on a server

I have two servers which are not in sync. I need to write a script that checks the time on the corresponding server and another script to call the above script on both the servers simulataneously to check if there is a time difference. Can anyone provide me with such scripts as I am new to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravneet123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to get remote server date & time

Hi, i dont have remote m/c user credential. i only know remote m/c ip address. and i am able to ping that remote m/c. In windows we use: "net time \\computername" to get the remote m/c time. so how can i get remote m/c time in unix m/c? (means a unix command) Thanks for the help. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: partha_ori
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Time and date on Virtual server

Hello Everyone I am running a Sunos 5.10 Generic_138888-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise machine with more than one virtual servers are on this box. My question is possable to change the date and time on the virtual server without change the time on the main server? Thanks Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

8. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding time to date time in UNIX shell scipting

I needed some help in adding a duration (in seconds) to a start time (in hhmmss format) and a start date (in mmddyy format) in order to get an end date and end time. The concept of a leap year is also to be considered while incrementing the day. The code/ function that I have formed so far is as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codehelp04
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies
JYTHON.CONF(5)							File Formats Manual						    JYTHON.CONF(5)

NAME
jython.conf - Jython registry for system-wide options DESCRIPTION
When running jython(1) or jythonc(1), a number of properties may be set to customise Jython's behaviour. Properties can be assigned values in any of the following four ways. This list is arranged from lowest to highest priority; thus for instance a property set in a user's personal registry will override the same property set in the system-wide registry. Java system properties Jython options may be set in the standard Java system properties. However, since the jython and jythonc startup scripts take responsibility for starting the Java interpreter, it is unlikely that you will use this method of Jython configuration. Jython system-wide registry The system-wide registry is the file /etc/jython/jython.conf. It contains a number of lines of the form property=value. Lines that are empty or that begin with a hash (#) are ignored. User's personal registry The user's personal registry is the file ~/.jython. Its format is the same as for the system-wide registry. Command-line options Properties may be specified when running jython or jythonc at the command-line. They are set using command-line options of the form -Dproperty=value. PROPERTIES
The following properties may be set in the Jython registry. Other less used properties are also available; see the comments in the default system-wide registry for further details. If a property is marked (auto), the jython and jythonc startup scripts will attempt to set this property automatically, although it can still be overridden in the system or user registry or on the command-line. python.cachedir (auto) The directory to use for caches (currently just package information). This directory must be writable by the user. If the direc- tory is an absolute path then it is used as given; otherwise it is interpreted as relative to the root Jython directory (/usr/share/jython/). python.console The name of the console class to use when running Jython from the command prompt. An alternative console class that emulates GNU readline can be specified using this property. python.jythonc.classpath (auto) Extensions to the Java property java.class.path for use with jythonc. This is used to put extra classes on your Java compiler's classpath (and the core Java classes as well if your Java compiler requires them). python.jythonc.compiler (auto) The Java compiler to use with jythonc when turning generated Java code into Java class files. This should be the absolute path to a Java compiler, or the name of a compiler on your standard PATH. python.jythonc.compileropts Options to pass to the Java compiler when using jythonc. python.path (auto) The path on which Jython will look for additional python modules when importing. This variable has a similar function to CPython's PYTHONPATH environment variable. python.security.respectJavaAccessibility Normally, Jython can only provide access to public members of classes. However if this property is set to false and you are using Java 1.2 then Jython can access non-public fields, methods and constructors. python.verbose Sets the verbosity level for informative messages. All messages with at least the specified severity will be displayed. Valid val- ues in order of increasing verbosity are error, warning, message, comment and debug. SEE ALSO
jython(1), jythonc(1). If the Debian package jython-doc is installed, full documentation from the Jython authors will be available in /usr/share/doc/jython- doc/html/. AUTHOR
This manual page was prepared by Ben Burton <bab@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It is based upon the official Jython documentation. September 2, 2001 JYTHON.CONF(5)