Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS files after reboot
Operating Systems AIX NFS files after reboot Post 302537949 by thecobra151 on Monday 11th of July 2011 06:55:02 AM
Old 07-11-2011
NFS files after reboot

i Have a mount point from NAS and i mount it My AIX manually the system get rebooted by its self and it did not get mounted , how can i make it mounted with the system up in automated way ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

sharing web files via NFS mount

I'm planning to load balance 2 web servers. I'm considering mounting an NFS share between the 2 servers so they can share the data. My question is: does this setup offset some of the benefits of load balancing? although there are 2 web servers, they both still access a single NFS server. Wouldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaspol
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove .nfs and .swp files

Hi, I'm very new to Unix and trying to work on a file. But when I try to close the file, a .swp file is being created. And when I try to delete the .swp file, a new .nfs file is created. drwxr-xr-x 7 r226124 xyzAPP 1024 2009-09-24 18:19 ./ drwxr-xr-x 4 r226124 xyzAPP 1024... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: northwest
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS Files system and df command

How can I get the available file system in a given box. Example : When I give df -kh * from /apps I get this out megatron% df -kh * Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on fltrinfs1:/fltrinfs1/triapps1/subversion/Linuxx86_64/CollabNet_Subversion ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

5. Solaris

NFS mounted files

If I am not a system admin. How can I tell where a particular mounted file is mounted from. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files to a remote NFS filesystem

Hi guys Maybe a stupid question.. IS possible, in unix, to copy files to a remote NFS shared filesystem without mounting it? Just like windows does: copy * \\folderA\folderB Thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

7. Fedora

Missing entries in log files just before/after reboot

Hello world, One of the servers, a Fedora one,rebooted today (Luckily, a testbox). I tried to get the reason the server rebooted. After going through the messages, I think that the log entries just before and after reboot are missing. Please below: (****** is the server name, for privacy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
0 Replies

8. AIX

NFS automount on reboot

Hi all, I have mounted an NFS filesystem on a new build (AIX 6.1), and in the /etc/filsesystems set the mount to true, but after reboot the NFS filesystem does not mount automatically. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paakofi
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to obtain lock on NFS files

Hello , I am creating a controlfile of database in linux and below is the error coming: SQL> CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE set DATABASE "newdbcln" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG 2 MAXLOGFILES 5 3 MAXLOGMEMBERS 5 MAXDATAFILES 100 4 5 MAXINSTANCES 1 6 MAXLOGHISTORY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
2 Replies

10. SCO

Backup of files using NFS a faster way

Hi All! i am trying to copy files from a SCO Openserver 5.0.6 to a NAS Server using NFS. I have a cron job that takes 1.5 hours to run and most of the data is static. I would like to find a faster way. In the event I needed to running manually or avoid an issue with taking down the servers... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
9 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)