Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris The total automation of Jumpstart Post 302537855 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 10th of July 2011 06:51:02 PM
Old 07-10-2011
the toolkit uses flawless jumpstart and prepares the files for you from templates... so, use the templates to create the jumpstart client and check out the created files...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JumpStart

Hi, Which sites have general information on JumpStart for Solaris 8? I would like to know more about boot server, installation server, and configuration server.... and all other good things about JumpStart....Thanks..:p Doo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JUmpstart on a pc

HI. i was wondering if you can jumpstart using the solaris intel platform? please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart

Hi, where can i find documention on how to create a jumpstart system? dori (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

4. Solaris

help with jumpstart

Hello all, I configured a jumpstart server ( the server is in the same subnet as the client) and gave boot net - install in the client. The client boots up shows the banner and then displays error: cant read disk label cant open disk label package and then goes to OK prompt. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik Gharti
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep running total/ final total across multiple files

Ok, another fun hiccup in my UNIX learning curve. I am trying to count the number of occurrences of an IP address across multiple files named example.hits. I can extract the number of occurrences from the files individually but when you use grep -c with multiple files you get the output similar to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrAd
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in automation...

Hi All, I need to run the same command on many servers. I am using ssh for the same. Following is the script that I am using to fire the same command on multiple machines. #!/bin/bash # Linux/UNIX box with ssh key based login #SERVERS="iqmevrick,iqmango" # SSH User name USR="root" #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sum total number of record and total number of record problem asking

Input file SFSQW 5192.56 HNRNPK 611.486 QEQW 1202.15 ASDR 568.627 QWET 6382.11 SFSQW 4386.3 HNRNPK 100 SFSQW 500 Desired output file SFSQW 10078.86 3 QWET 6382.11 1 QEQW 1202.15 1 HNRNPK 711.49 2 ASDR 568.63 1 The way I tried: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in automation

Hi, I wanted to automate the scp command where i do not want to enter the password each time. So thought of using expect command. Script is executing without any issues but files are not copied to remote server. Can any one help me? Below is my shell script.. #!/bin/ksh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramani04
6 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)