Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris "Can't open boot device" error !! Post 302537850 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 10th of July 2011 06:08:45 PM
Old 07-10-2011
after a quick look to the sun systemhandbook, the dvd drive of a v440 and a v240 seems not to be compatible... how about setting up a jumpstart server instead?
which modell do you have? can you find a part number on your dvd drive? something in this format "xxx-xxxx-xx".
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

A NEW version of "boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix "

Ok, I found this article: https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/19665-boot-cannot-open-kernel-sparcv9-unix.html However it doesn't quite describe my situation. I have created a jumpstart DVD that works great, and installs my customized Solaris-10 (Yes 10, not 8 or 9 per previous posts) . It... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: biea
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

DELL M910 with RedHat Linux 5.5 getting "Buffer I/O error on device sdd"

Dear Guru, IHAC who is using Redhat Linux 5 on DELL M910. When system bootup, it show "Buffer I/O error on device sdd" error message. Below is the "dmesg" output. The scenario is: If more external FC SAN disk LUN add, the device would change other name. So it will impact the raw device... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Repeated error - "se_hdlc: clone device must be attached before use" in /var/adm/messages

Below is the error being repeated on my Solaris 9 Sun-Fire-V890 machine. SAN team confirmed as everything is fine from their end. I did google and found that some people say its a known Oracle bug when you have Oracle 10G installed on your system but I kind of disagree with them. Please see below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikkash
2 Replies

7. SCO

NFS umount shows the "Device busy (Error 16)"

Hi there After making a backup copy of it sometimes happens that when I want to unmount an NFS indicates the error:umount: /path_mount busy: Device busy (Error 16) if I run lsoff, I can not find the process that is blocking the application. I'm using OpenServer 5.0.2c as one NFS server ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SPARC T4-1 "ERROR: boot-read fail"

Either I try to boot from USB bootable drive or from a bootable dvdrom, I am receiving a message ERROR: boot-read fail {0} ok probe-scsi-all This command may hang the system if a Stop-A or halt command has been executed. Please type reset-all to reset the system before executing this... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
18 Replies
AMTAPE(8)						  System Administration Commands						 AMTAPE(8)

NAME
amtape - Control Amanda changers SYNOPSIS
amtape [-o configoption...] config subcommand [subcommand_options...] DESCRIPTION
Amtape is the command-line interface to Amanda's tape changers (amanda-changers(7)) and to the taperscan algorithm (amanda-taperscan(7)). Tape changers maintain a notion of the current slot for each configuration. This may or may not correspond to an actual physical state of the device, but is used by some taperscan algorithms to minimize searching through the slots. Amtape uses the default changer. To use a different changer, use the config override option, e.g., -otpchanger=otherchanger. SUBCOMMANDS
label label Search for and load the Amanda tape with label [label], also setting the current slot. slot slot Load the volume in the given slot, also setting the current slot. The slot names current, next, first, and last have special meaning. current Shorthand for slot current. inventory Show the contents of all slots, based on the changer's cached metadata. This is a quick operation as it does not load or unload any volumes, but is not supported by all changers. show [slots] Show the contents of all slots (or listed slots) by loading each slot and reading its label. This can be very slow. The slots arguments is of the form 1,3-5,7. reset Reset the changer to a known state. This subcommand is intended to clear any unknown and potentially incorrect state the changer may have stored. eject [drive] Eject the tape currently in the drive. This only applies to some changers. Specify a drive (by drive number) if more than one drive is available. clean [drive] If a cleaning tape is defined for the changer, used it to clean the specified drive. The [drive] is optional if the changer only has one drive. taper Run the taperscan algorithm (see amanda-taperscan(7)), displaying information about the progress of the scan. update [what] Update changer state. Consult amanda-changers(7) for changer-specific details on the format of what. -o configoption See the "CONFIGURATION OVERRIDE" section in amanda(8). SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda-changers(7), amanda-taperscan(7), amanda-devices(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) James da Silva <jds@amanda.org> Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMTAPE(8)