Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cut -d with more than 1 delimiter? Post 302537812 by Habitual on Sunday 10th of July 2011 01:46:09 PM
Old 07-10-2011
cut -d with more than 1 delimiter?

I need to cut or otherwise get the 4th and 5th position output of
Code:
for i in `date +%H` ; do vnstat --dumpdb | grep "h;$i" ; done

example output is:
h;13;1310318701;443;93

I only need ";443;93" from any given run of "for i in `date +%H` ; do vnstat --dumpdb | grep "h;$i" ; done"

Thanks for your time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

\r as delimiter in cut

I need to use \r as a delimiter in the -d option of the cut comand . Any help ? Thanks in advance . SD (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shweta_d
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cut date using y hat as delimiter

QUESTION: How can I cut out the date from just the first line and reformat it to 31-Jul-2007? I'll restate the question at the bottom again... DESCRIPTION: I need to cut a date out of a file - an example of the date's format in the file is 2007-07-31. It's in the 5th field and is separated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tekster757
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Number which appear before a delimiter

Hi All, How can i use the cut option to only output the number of rows, which is 2 is this case ? Pls note that the number of digit before the delimiter ":" is always varying. $ grep -n uuu xxx 2:** xxx yyy gg 44 tt uuu 2007 $ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

use a word as a delimiter with cut

Is there a way to use a word as a delimiter with cut? Or is there a way to use sed or awk with a word as a delimiter? I don't care which program I use for a delimiter I just want to use a word as a delimiter. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut columns with delimiter

HI, I have a file like below "103865","103835","Zming","","Zhu","103965","Sunnyvale","US", "116228","116227","Morlla","","Kowalski","113228","Paese "(Treviso)""IT" I want to validate the 7th column which is below. "Sunnyvale" "Paese In the above 7th column Paese is not ended with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut all string after the last delimiter?

hi all, suppose a string: abc/def/ghi/jkl/mn.txt and i want to get the file name without the path. however, different files have different paths, therefore the number of delimiter is uncertain. thanks so much! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut by delimiter, and delimiter can be anything except numbers?

Hi all, I have a number of strings like below: //mnt/autocor/43°13'(33")W/ and i'm trying to get the numbers in this string, for example 431333 please help thanks ahead (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut with delimiter respect text

Hi, Can someone help me to get the shortest command Input file ========= I|know|"english|french" It|can|have|four|delimiters Desired output =========== "english|french" have If I use cut -d "|" -f3 , i am getting "english as 3rd field.But I would like to get the whole text in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandapani
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut delimiter and save

i have list of names in a text file and I wanted to delete the commas en every line. for example: inside the text is a list of names in it with commas after each line. I wanted to delete these commas. which command must I execute for this? unix, dale, shawn, aaron, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut cmd with delimiter as |#|

Hi All- We have a file data as below with delimiter as |#| 10|#|20|#|ABC 13|#|23|#|PBC If I want to cut the 2nd field out of this, below command is not working as multiple pipe is causing an issue , it seems cut -f2 -d"|#|" <file_name> can you please help to provide the correct command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
7 Replies
vnstat_selinux(8)					       SELinux Policy vnstat						 vnstat_selinux(8)

NAME
vnstat_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the vnstat processes DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the vnstat processes via flexible mandatory access control. The vnstat processes execute with the vnstat_t SELinux type. You can check if you have these processes running by executing the ps command with the -Z qualifier. For example: ps -eZ | grep vnstat_t ENTRYPOINTS
The vnstat_t SELinux type can be entered via the vnstat_exec_t file type. The default entrypoint paths for the vnstat_t domain are the following: /usr/bin/vnstat PROCESS TYPES
SELinux defines process types (domains) for each process running on the system You can see the context of a process using the -Z option to ps Policy governs the access confined processes have to files. SELinux vnstat policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their vnstat processes in as secure a method as possible. The following process types are defined for vnstat: vnstat_t, vnstatd_t Note: semanage permissive -a vnstat_t can be used to make the process type vnstat_t permissive. SELinux does not deny access to permissive process types, but the AVC (SELinux denials) messages are still generated. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. vnstat policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run vnstat with the tightest access possible. If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type vnstat_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. vnstatd_var_lib_t /var/lib/vnstat(/.*)? FILE CONTEXTS
SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. You can see the context of a file using the -Z option to ls Policy governs the access confined processes have to these files. SELinux vnstat policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their vnstat processes in as secure a method as possible. STANDARD FILE CONTEXT SELinux defines the file context types for the vnstat, if you wanted to store files with these types in a diffent paths, you need to exe- cute the semanage command to sepecify alternate labeling and then use restorecon to put the labels on disk. semanage fcontext -a -t vnstat_exec_t '/srv/vnstat/content(/.*)?' restorecon -R -v /srv/myvnstat_content Note: SELinux often uses regular expressions to specify labels that match multiple files. The following file types are defined for vnstat: vnstat_exec_t - Set files with the vnstat_exec_t type, if you want to transition an executable to the vnstat_t domain. vnstatd_exec_t - Set files with the vnstatd_exec_t type, if you want to transition an executable to the vnstatd_t domain. vnstatd_initrc_exec_t - Set files with the vnstatd_initrc_exec_t type, if you want to transition an executable to the vnstatd_initrc_t domain. vnstatd_var_lib_t - Set files with the vnstatd_var_lib_t type, if you want to store the vnstatd files under the /var/lib directory. vnstatd_var_run_t - Set files with the vnstatd_var_run_t type, if you want to store the vnstatd files under the /run or /var/run directory. Note: File context can be temporarily modified with the chcon command. If you want to permanently change the file context you need to use the semanage fcontext command. This will modify the SELinux labeling database. You will need to use restorecon to apply the labels. COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), vnstat(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8) vnstat 14-06-10 vnstat_selinux(8)