Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic Perl - pass by ref
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Basic Perl - pass by ref Post 302537457 by pludi on Friday 8th of July 2011 09:02:27 AM
Old 07-08-2011
It will become clear once you start to use warnings;
Code:
Reference found where even-sized list expected at hash.pl line 5.

You're passing in an reference, but your sub is expecting a regular hash (which is really an even sized array). Try these lines instead:
Code:
my ( $href ) = @_;
my %hash = %$hash;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic perl question

Hi, I was jus goin through a ebook on perl....it says u get binary installation for both unix and windows.....doesnt perl come already bundeled with unix ?cause i never installed any perl from binary........but i am able to execute perl programs...... Thanks and Regards Vivek.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - pass shell-vars into perl for input loop

I need to process a file line-by-line using some value from a shell variable Something like:perl -p -e 's/$shell_srch/$shell_replace/g' input.txt I can't make the '-s' work in the '-p' or '-n' input loop (or couldn't find a syntaxis.) I have searched and found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl basic multiple pattern matching

Hi everyone, and thank you for your help with this. I am VERY new with perl so all of your help is appreciated. I have tried google but as I don't know the proper terms to search for and could be daunting for a newbie scripter... I know this is very easy for most of you! Thanks! I have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinusoid
4 Replies

4. Programming

Basic perl code

hi, can anybody explain me the below code. i am new to perl ========================================== $o_dups{$1} = 1 if /^\w+\t.{19}\t(+),/; ========================================== regards, priyanka (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

5. Programming

Basic perl code- Date format

Hi friends, Please see the below code carefully. ======================================================= # Get batch date and Ord range open OR,$ARGV; while (<OR>) { # find the batch date next if length $_ < 3; # BLANK LINE # last if $. > 120; # sample should be good enough... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl basic code

Hi, can anybody explain me below code $cats{$category}++ Thanks (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl basic code

Hi, foreach $cat (sort{$cats{$b} <=> $cats{$a}} keys %cats) can anyone explain me above code?? i am new to perl Thanks (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl ref to hash with refs in it (how to get what's being referenced).

I have a reference to a hash that contains some references. I was just wondering if there was a more simplistic Way of dereferencing the contained references without having to assign them to another reference like this: my $href = shift; #some hash my $temp = $href->{element}; print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl basic code 3

Hi , I am having csv contains data 2011-08-23 11:11:00.074+0000: Info: Duplicate Order is not processed,Original Order Tuple ($category, $type) = split(',', $_ , 2); what is the split function work here?? Thanks Please start using code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Question on perl use POSIX [SOLVED]

Hi guys, I think this is a basic question. I'm not very familiar with this. I'm trying to round a number up and round a number down. From what I have read this can be done using POSIX. I have tried to to use this, but i'm getting errors: sub findGridBounds($$$%) { use POSIX; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
0 Replies
AptPkg::hash(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 AptPkg::hash(3pm)

NAME
AptPkg::hash - a helper class for implementing tied hashes SYNOPSIS
use AptPkg::hash; DESCRIPTION
The AptPkg::hash class provides hash-like access for objects which have an underlying XS implementation. Such objects need to add AptPkg::hash to @ISA, provide get, set and exists methods, and an iterator class. AptPkg::hash new([XS_OBJECT]) Create a object as a tied hash. The object is implemented as a hash reference blessed into the class, which in turn is tied to AptPkg::hash. This means that both $obj->method() and $obj->{key} valid, the latter invoking get/set (through FETCH/STORE). The tie associates an array reference with the hash, which initially contains a reference to the hash, the XS object and an anon hash which may be used by subclasses to store state information. If no XS object is passed, one is created via new in the XS class. The name of that class is constructed from the class name, by lower-casing the last component and prefixing it with an underscore (eg. AptPkg::Config becomes AptPkg::_config). If the module contains a @KEYS array, then the private hash will be populated with those entries as keys (see the description below of the AptPkg::hash::method class). _self, _xs, _priv Accessors which may be used in subclass methods to fetch the three array elements associated with the hash reference. keys(ARGS) In a scalar context, creates and returns a new iterator object (the class name with the suffix ::Iter appended). The XS object, the private hash and any arguments are passed to the constructor. In an array context, the iterator is used to generate a list of keys which are then returned. The iterator class must implement a next method, which returns the current key and advances to the next. AptPkg::hash::method The AptPkg::hash::method class extends AptPkg::hash, providing a simple way to map a fixed set of keys (defined by the @KEYS array) into method calls on either the object, or the internal XS object. Classes inheriting from AptPkg::hash::method should provide an iterator class which inherits from AptPkg::hash::method::iter. AUTHOR
Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-03-16 AptPkg::hash(3pm)