Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting adding number based on pattern using awk Post 302537426 by raghavendra.nsn on Friday 8th of July 2011 06:22:06 AM
Old 07-08-2011
adding number based on pattern using awk

Hi,

I want to add numbers based on pattern .

in the below ouput file , i want number to be added after pattern line ---- , ie 1 and next is also 1 and next is 2 and next is 3 after adding 4 numbers say output is 7 should be redirected to another file . like this it should add 4 digits after a pattern ------ and redirect it to file. the input file is always multiple of 4 count will be there.

any help with awk will be appreciated ?

HTML Code:
COUNT(*)               
---------------------- 

1 rows selected

COUNT(*)               
---------------------- 

1 rows selected

COUNT(*)               
---------------------- 

1 rows selected

COUNT(*)               
---------------------- 

1 rows selected

COUNT(*)               
---------------------- 

1 rows selected

COUNT(*)               
---------------------- 

1 rows selected

COUNT(*)               
---------------------- 

1 rows selected

COUNT(*)               
---------------------- 

1 rows selected

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File Based on Line Number Pattern

Hello all. Sorry, I know this question is similar to many others, but I just can seem to put together exactly what I need. My file is tab delimitted and contains approximately 1 million rows. I would like to send lines 1,4,& 7 to a file. Lines 2, 5, & 8 to a second file. Lines 3, 6, & 9 to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankster
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a column with the row number using awk

Is there anyway to use awk to add a first column to my data that automatically goes from 1 to n , where n is the numbers of my rows?:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk : pattern selection based on special characters

Hello All, I am here again scratching my head on pattern selection with special characters. I have a large file having around 200 entries and i have to select a single line based on a pattern. I am able to do that: Code: cat mytest.txt | awk -F: '/myregex/ { print $2}' ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk : how to delete lines based on IP pattern ?

Hi, I would like to delete lines in /etc/hosts on few workstations, basically I want to delete all the lines for a list of machines like this : for HOST in $(cat stations.lst |uniq) do # echo -n "$HOST" if ping -c 1 $HOST > /dev/null 2>&1 then HOSTNAME_val=`rsh $HOST "sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: albator1932
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the whole row in awk based on matched pattern

Hi, I need some help on how to print the whole data for unmatched pattern. i have 2 different files that need to be checked and print out the unmatched patterns into a new file. My sample data as follows:- File1.txt Id Num Activity Class Type 309 1.1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a number with sed or awk.

Hi.. I have this delicate problem..:wall: I have this huge ldif file with entry's like this example below.. And I need to change the following entrys. telephoneNumber: emNotifNumber: billingnumber= BillingNumber: Al these entrys has a number like 012345678 and it needs to add one more... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pelama
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add columns based on a pattern using awk?

Hi, I have a file with more than 1000 lines with ~14 columns. I need to find all the lines with matching value in column 14 and then add column 6 in all the lines before printing them out.. e.g if this is the input file: abc test input 10 for process 2345 abc test input 15 for process 2348... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xkdasari
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file based on pattern line number?

Hi i have requirement like below M <form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM i want split file based on line number by finding... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of matches and matched pattern(s) in awk

input: !@#$%2QW5QWERTAB$%^&* The string above is not separated (or FS=""). For clarity sake one could re-write the string by including a "|" as FS as follow: !|@|#|$|%|2QW|5QWERT|A|B|$|%|^|&|* Here, I am only interested in patterns (their numbers are variable between records) containing... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value based on pattern match in another file

In the awk, thanks you @RavinderSingh13, for the help in below, hopefully it is close as I am trying to update the value in $12 of the tab-delimeted file2 with the matching value in $1 of the space delimeted file1. I have added comments for each line as well. Thank you :). awk awk '$12 ==... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
FcPatternBuild(3)														 FcPatternBuild(3)

NAME
FcPatternBuild, FcPatternVaBuild, FcPatternVapBuild - Create patterns from arguments SYNOPSIS
#include <fontconfig.h> FcPattern * FcPatternBuild (FcPattern *pattern, ...); FcPattern * FcPatternVaBuild (FcPattern *pattern, va_list va); void FcPatternVapBuild (FcPattern *result, FcPattern *pattern, va_list va); DESCRIPTION
Builds a pattern using a list of objects, types and values. Each value to be entered in the pattern is specified with three arguments: 1. Object name, a string describing the property to be added. 2. Object type, one of the FcType enumerated values 3. Value, not an FcValue, but the raw type as passed to any of the FcPatternAdd<type> functions. Must match the type of the second argu- ment. The argument list is terminated by a null object name, no object type nor value need be passed for this. The values are added to `pat- tern', if `pattern' is null, a new pattern is created. In either case, the pattern is returned. Example pattern = FcPatternBuild (0, FC_FAMILY, FcTypeString, "Times", (char *) 0); FcPatternVaBuild is used when the arguments are already in the form of a varargs value. FcPatternVapBuild is a macro version of FcPat- ternVaBuild which returns its result directly in the result variable. VERSION
Fontconfig version 2.9.0 16 April 2012 FcPatternBuild(3)