Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove unwanted " from string... Post 302537389 by michaelrozar17 on Friday 8th of July 2011 03:47:44 AM
Old 07-08-2011
Or try..
Code:
sed 's/\(,"[^",]\+\)"*\([^,"]*\)"*\([^",]*",\)/\1\2\3/g' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted data?

Hi Can any one help me remove the unwanted data? I would want to remove the complete event id 4910 ( the type there is INFO), that means, I have to remove starting from 7th - 19th lines. can any one of you please help? Thanks, (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
24 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted XML Tags

I have set of sources and the respective resolution. Please advice how to resolve the same using Unix shell scripting. Source 1: ======= <ext:ContactInfo xmlns:ext="urn:AOL.FLOWS.Extensions"> <ext:InternetEmailAddress>AOL@AOL.COM</ext:InternetEmailAddress> </ext:ContactInfo> Resoultion... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambals123
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Remove unwanted packages

I got a system which was installed with SUNWCXall cluster installed on it and i want remove unwanted software like GMNOME, Java Desktop System, Staroffice and numerous other softwares .. i want to do an automated removal of these packages where its uninstalled by itself ..from the is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove "/" from a string

Hi, I've a string "200910/22-101010" ( this is date and time string YYYYMMDD/HHMMSS format) , how can i remove "/" and assign it to a new variable a value of 20091022 only thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
6 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Remove Unwanted Libraries - optimizing

We have a huge makefile composing of inclusion of libraries, objects and system libraries to generate a binary. How do we find out that which of the libraries we can remove in the most efficient way? Doing hit and trial method is a waste of time and can during the linking with some post linking... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted lines

I have a .xml file, where i need some output. The xml file is like: Code: <?******?></ddddd><sssss>234</dfdffsdf><sdhjh>534</dfdfa>......... /Code I need the output like: code 234 534 . . . /code How can i do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove path string from file (string contains "/")

This is the way sed -i 's/home/$USER/.config/hello_there//g' /home/$USER/.gnomerc But, as far as I saw you cannot add any "/" in the string you want to remove.... So, what should I do in order to remove this path (which contains "/") ?:confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted strings?

Hi Guys, Can someone give me a hand on how I can remove unwanted strings like "<Number>" and "</Number>" and retain only the numbers from the input file below. INPUT FILE: <Number>10050000</Number> <Number>1001340001</Number> <Number>1001750002</Number> <Number>100750003</Number>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove leading "#" from a String

Hi Everyone, i am new to scripting and stuck in something. Query is : I have a properties file eg. data.properties. This data.properties have some values example : key1=value1 key2=value2 #key3=value3 as key3 is commented by #. so i want to write a script , that will remove # from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj87ng
3 Replies
imsettings-switch(1)													      imsettings-switch(1)

NAME
imsettings-switch - Switch Input Method SYNOPSIS
imsettings-switch [ -hnqrx ] [ --no-update ] [ --quiet ] [ --restart ] [ --read-xinputrc ] [ --help ] [Input Method name | configuration filename] DESCRIPTION
imsettings-switch switches Input Method which is managed under imsettings. Either Input Method name or configuration filename are required unless --read-xinputrc option is specified to determine the target from $HOME/.config/imsettings/xinputrc or $xinputrcdir/xinputrc. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -n --no-update Do not update $HOME/imsettings/xinputrc. without this option, imsettings-switch will updates it with the targeted Input Method. -q --quiet Do not show any messages except errors. -r --restart Restart the given Input Method or one which is determined from xinputrc by --read-xinputrc option. -x --read-xinputrc Determine the targeted Input Method from $HOME/imsettings/xinputrc or $xinputrcdir/xinputrc if not available. -h --help Show summary of options Input Method name Switch Input Method to Input Method name. configuration filename Switch Input Method to configuration filename. SEE ALSO
imsettings-list(1) imsettings-reload(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Akira TAGOH <akira@tagoh.org> Apr 10, 2013 imsettings-switch(1)