Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error in retrieving records from DB Post 302537370 by cratercrabs on Friday 8th of July 2011 02:12:47 AM
Old 07-08-2011
error in retrieving records from DB

Hi .,
I have 3 records in a oracle table... wen i connect to oracle from unix environment and query the table i get some errors...

the script i used is

Code:
  g=`sqlplus -s "username/password" << EOF
 select column from table;
EOF`
if [ g -ne 0 ]
then 
echo $g
fi

The output i get is.,
Code:
-----------------------: unknown test operator error

if i execute without if loop., i get the records twice(duplicate) but like this

Code:
columnname--------- value1 value2 value3----------- columnname value1 value2 value3----------.,

I want only the 3 values (without "----" or duplicate)... anyone help me out...

Last edited by pludi; 07-08-2011 at 03:35 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk error for joining records with CR/newline

Is there any way to remove carriage retuns between the records? These carriage returns are created in an excel cell by using Alt+enter, this is similar to new line... We have input records separated by TABS and have carriage returns as below: 123 456 789 ABC "1952.00" 678 "abcdef ghik... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheepi
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

3. AIX

PAX error on retrieving from tape

Hi, I am using AIX 5.3.0.0 and Ultrium LTO3 Tape Drive as rmt1. I have backup some of my database file using command "pax" as pax -wvf /dev/rmt1 "./data01/abc.dmp" But when I tried to read the file from tape by issuing the command, pax -vf /dev/rmt1 The error message displayed as pax:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on num of records in file1 need to check records in file2 to set some condns

Hi All, I have two files say file1 and file2. I want to check the number of records in file1 and if its atleast 2 (i.e., 2 or greater than 2 ) then I have to check records in file2 .If records in file2 is atleast 1 (i.e. if its not empty ) i have to set some conditions . Could you pls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
3 Replies

5. Linux

error while retrieving image using system imager

This is the error that I am getting while retrieving image from image server using system imager.... Listening on LPF/lo/<null> sending on Socket/fallback/fallback-net DHCPDISCOVER on lo to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5 DHCPDISCOVER on lo to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitesh_tarbani
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while appending records to a file

Hi, I have a sample file which contains records. Input File : 1 user1 username1\password@database-name 2 user2 username2\password@database-name 3 user3 username1\password@database-name I should search for a 'username1\' in those records. If 'username1\' is found in those records, that record... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the invalid records to error file

HI, I have a source file which has the below data. Tableid,table.txt sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table.txt sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6 Tableid,table sourceid,1,2,3,4,5,6 targetid,1,2,3,4,5,6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

10. Programming

Error retrieving value from IPC shared memory

Assume in 1.txt file ,i have saved 32 writer.c ----------- #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/shm.h> #include <stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<fcntl.h> int main(){ int shm_id; key_t mem_key; int *shm_ptr; int fd=open("1.txt",O_CREAT|O_RDWR,0777); mem_key =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subi09
2 Replies
RADSQLRELAY(8)						     FreeRADIUS helper program						    RADSQLRELAY(8)

NAME
radsqlrelay - relay SQL queries to a central database server SYNOPSIS
radsqlrelay [-?] [-d sql_driver] [-b database] [-f file] [-h host] [-u user] [-P port] [-p password] [-1] [-x] file_path DESCRIPTION
radsqlrelay tails a SQL logfile and forwards the queries to a database server. Used to replicate accounting records to one (central) data- base, even if the database has extended downtime. The SQL logfile is created by the rlm_sql_log module. The module must be configured in the radiusd server before you can use radsqlrelay. OPTIONS
-? Print usage help information. -d sql_driver Driver to use: mysql, pg, oracle. -b database Name of the database to use. -f file Read password from file, instead of command line. -h host Connect to host. -u user User for login. -P port Port number to use for connection. -p password Password to use when connecting to server. -1 One-shot mode: push the file to database and exit. -x Turn on debugging. file_path The pathname of the SQL logfile to use. NOTES
Oracle driver The command "radsqlrelay -d oracle -b db.domain.tld sql-relay" reads the database description stored in $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora: db.domain.tld = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = db.domain.tld)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = <DB SID>) ) ) SEE ALSO
rlm_sql_log(5) AUTHOR
Nicolas Baradakis <nicolas.baradakis@cegetel.net> 19 June 2005 RADSQLRELAY(8)