Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gfortran compiler options.
Top Forums Programming Gfortran compiler options. Post 302537205 by drl on Thursday 7th of July 2011 11:18:48 AM
Old 07-07-2011
Hi.

One place is: Polyhedron Software | Compiler Comparisons and Google may reveal more.

As you have noticed there isn't a lot of Fortran activity here. If you have questions that don't seem to be answered by Polyhedron, you might consider posting in comp.lang.fortran, which is very active.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

( edit 1: minor typo )

Last edited by drl; 07-08-2011 at 10:59 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

cc compiler options

hi , I am compiling a C program with ccopts and cflags . i am getting error message main ( Not referenced yet ! probably due -u option ) can you please adice , how to get rid of this error. Many thanks Narendra babu C (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
3 Replies

2. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

3. Programming

Fortran 77 and gfortran

Hi! I have a program in fortran77. This program was compiled with pgf90, but now, I need compiled it with gfortran. I show a bit of code. program hello PARAMETER(a=100) integer a write(*,*)'value ', a end program hello What's the problem? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekaes
2 Replies

4. AIX

xlc compiler options versus gcc

Hi all, I would like to compile a program and get current errors and warnings report to me as « gcc -Wall ». Does someone can give me these options to get an equivalent ? Or the ommon option used to put them in a CFLAGS in a Makefile. Something like : xlc -O2 -Wall my_prog.c -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: domiq44
5 Replies

5. Programming

f77 program on gfortran

Hi, I am trying to run a simple f77 program on gfortran. Program is as follows. program trial implicit real*8 (a-h,o-z) common/var/a(2),b,c(4),d a=(/0,0/) b=0 c=(/0,0,0,0/) d=0 call add(a,b,c,d) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshulfy
1 Replies

6. Programming

Compilation problem with gfortran

Hello everyone, I'm trying since a few days to compile a f90 program with gfortran (on Ubuntu) with a makefile. The fortran program calls 2 routines written in C. Here is my makefile: FC = gfortran SFC = gfortran FFLAGS = -ffree-form -O... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: leroygr
21 Replies

7. Programming

gfortran 4.7, no support for qfloat?

I have code that works fine in ifort. But when trying to run on gfortran 4.7.1 (which does support quads and has no problem with real * 16) I can't cast an integer variable to a quad precision float (real*16) using something like: factq(i) = factq(i-1) * qfloat(i) Finding a list of the new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibrantcascade
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GFORTRAN error in makefile installation

Hi all, I'm a new Linux and gfortran user so facing this problem I could not figure out how to proceed. Trying to install a program with a makefile, at some point the installation stops showing the following error: g++ -std=c++0x -O3 -o CAMILObash.exe ./objects/Class_SurfTri_CheckTools.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jefferson_dhv
2 Replies
binfmtf(1)							     binfmt_C								binfmtf(1)

NAME
binfmtf-interpreter - binfmt_misc fortran handler SYNOPSIS
binfmtf-interpreter fortran-source-file-name [command-line opions ...] DESCRIPTION
binfmtf-interpreter compiles a fortran source file specified on the command-line using the g77 compiler, and executes the resulting file. It is designed to be used as a handler for binfmt_misc handler, which is a system used in Linux for handling arbitrary files as executa- bles. The command-line options are passed on to the compiled binary. FILE MAGIC
There is a requirement for Fortran source files to have the magic characters c BINFMTF: at the beginning of the file. That line also is used to specify the additional command-line options for Fortran compiler. ENVIRONMENT
G77 The compiler used. The default is to use g77 BINFMTCTMPDIR Temporary directory used for binary and execution. Falls back to $TMPDIR $TEMPDIR or /tmp BINFMTC_DEBUG enables debug output if set. BINFMTC_G77_OPTS Additional G77 options. Use BINFMTC_DEBUG to verify the options being passed on to g77. The default is -O2 -Wall AUTHOR
Junichi Uekawa (dancer@debian.org) Upstream page is available at http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/ SEE ALSO
binfmtasm-interpreter(1), binfmtc-interpreter(1), binfmtcxx-interpreter(1), binfmtf95-interpreter(1), binfmtgcj-interpreter(1) binfmt_misc Dancer 2005 Jun 4 binfmtf(1)