Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting warning message while creating a file thru script Post 302537127 by itkamaraj on Thursday 7th of July 2011 06:48:17 AM
Old 07-07-2011
is other users are in same group ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Warning Message.

I have had trouble with my PC, due to construction failure I from my dealer or a power-blast over the net I had a broken MotherBoard, CPU and Memory, So I had to get new ones. Now I'm having a 2000Mhz CPU an ASUS P4S... {I think it's P4S500} and new DDR- memory My PC gives a warning-message... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silver
3 Replies

2. Programming

URGENT:::Can anybody help me in creating message queue appliction??

hello, I had to implement a message queue application....between 30 processes...... all 30 proceses are getting data from serial port.... And here is THE FLOW::::::::1 connector process...which is linked with message queue to all the 30 applications. Processes get the data from serial port and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

4. Programming

Creating 3 process and piping a message

sorry im very new to this but i am supposed to create 3 processes A,B, and C and have a direct link from a to b, b to c, and c to a. here is my code. It does work, however if you look at what I bolded as long as my final read is p it seems to always work, regardless of the bolded section. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: p00ndawg
6 Replies

5. Programming

Permission denied when creating message queue

Hi guys. i have wrote a simple program to test message queue attributes. here it is: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <mqueue.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <string.h> #include <errno.h> #include <sys/stat.h> int main() { struct mq_attr attr; mqd_t mqd; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

6. Programming

creating a message queue using mq_open

Hi all, First of all thanks in advance for reading my post and for your heart for helping me. I am trying to create a message queue using mq_open(name,oflags,mode_t,attr) method. But that function call is returning with an error code EFAULT. By googling it I found that it happens when there is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: parusasi
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run command + compare values and post a warning message.

Hi all, I am trying to create shell script to run command then compare values with rule set for every 5 seconds and post a warning message if the compared value meet the rules. -the script is related to Oracle/Sun product messaging server 6.2 1) command that need to be run to gather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies
DIFF3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
diff3 [ -ex3 ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
Diff3 compares three versions of a file, and publishes disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: ==== all three files differ ====1 file1 is different ====2 file2 is different ====3 file3 is different The type of change suffered in converting a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: f : n1 a Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3. f : n1 , n2 c Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2. If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Under the -e option, diff3 publishes a script for the editor ed that will incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3, i.e. the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3. Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3). The following command will apply the resulting script to `file1'. (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1 FILES
/tmp/d3????? /usr/lib/diff3 SEE ALSO
diff(1) BUGS
Text lines that consist of a single `.' will defeat -e. Files longer than 64K bytes won't work. DIFF3(1)