Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Error:readline() on closed filehandle Perl Post 302537123 by pspriyanka on Thursday 7th of July 2011 06:40:37 AM
Old 07-07-2011
basic perl code-

Thanks pludi, itkamaraj for helping me :-)

the problem is file was not present

Last edited by pspriyanka; 07-07-2011 at 07:49 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no shell connection closed error

Hi, I have created some users on my new enviroment on sun solaris in the aptempt to create a .profile which I did. I must have done something wrong because when I try to connect to one of this users it says:no shell, connection closed. The only thing I can think is that in my .profile I inserted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulianob
2 Replies

2. Programming

Change FileHandle

Hello, I currently have a system that is running and writing to a log file. Every month I run a rollLogs script that moves this file to a different location and creates a new file in the original location. The service that is writing to this log is running when i run this script and it still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: findandy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: howto print to screen & filehandle

Hello, I need to print messages both to screen and to file handle in perl , like tee does in unix . Any suggestions ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Opening a filehandle but not getting anything back from it

I have two perl functions defined, both run a set of shell commands on some somplied data and return hashs of the resulting parsed output from these shell commands. One works, one doesn't and I can't seem to see why. It's driving me insane :mad: The working one: sub getcellstatus { ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
8 Replies

5. Programming

Readline problems

I'm having problems with libreadline. When I write text longer than the current line, the text wraps back to the beginning of the line rather than to the next line. Also, when I use the arrow keys to edit something in that beginning part, it won't display at all (so I can edit only if I remember... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a shell script from a perl module which uses Filehandle to login

Hi Guru's, Pardon me for the breach of rules..... I have very little knowledge about Shell Programming and Scripting hope you guys help me out of this troble I have very little time hence could not find the right way to direct my queries. coming to the problem I need to call a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikrishna_tung
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Readline Formatting

Hi All, I have a function that loops through an XML file line by line and spits it the content out to a new file (sometimes certain lines need changing). This all works fine, however the formatting of the original XML is not kept. for example:- <?xml version="1.0"?> <mysqldump>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfwauk
3 Replies

8. Programming

Readline programming

Hi, I am new to using readline library to my application. Please I want to no how to write code for command line switches(options), i.e when i press tab the option of command as to change. eg: ls -a ls -d ...so on ls as many options, here i want options to be completed using tab ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl FileHandle Closure during after unlock

Hi we have one function which is used to append data the file in exclusive lock mode in aperl script. This script is executed by multiple threads at the same time. accessing the same file.this script runs throught the day. sometimes the file2.txt size is getting reduced. for eg from 10 M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Connection closed by host error in rhel 6 Linux

Hi All, I am new to Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 version. I am facing an issue with my lab server which is having RHEL6 lab1:root> uname -a Linux lab1 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 2 17:04:38 EDT 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I am getting this error for every 18 minutes 30... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: go2suresh1979
0 Replies
Task::Weaken(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Task::Weaken(3pm)

NAME
Task::Weaken - Ensure that a platform has weaken support DESCRIPTION
One recurring problem in modules that use Scalar::Util's "weaken" function is that it is not present in the pure-perl variant. While this isn't necesarily always a problem in a straight CPAN-based Perl environment, some operating system distributions only include the pure-Perl versions, don't include the XS version, and so weaken is then "missing" from the platform, despite passing a dependency on Scalar::Util successfully. Most notably this is RedHat Linux at time of writing, but other come and go and do the same thing, hence "recurring problem". The normal solution is to manually write tests in each distribution to ensure that "weaken" is available. This restores the functionality testing to a dependency you do once in your Makefile.PL, rather than something you have to write extra tests for each time you write a module. It should also help make the package auto-generators for the various operating systems play more nicely, because it introduces a dependency that they have to have a proper weaken in order to work. How this Task works Part of the problem seems to stem from the fact that some distributions continue to include modules even if they fail some of their tests. To get around that for this module, it will do a few dirty tricks. If Scalar::Util is not available at all, it will issue a normal dependency on the module. However, if Scalar::Util is relatively new ( it is >= 1.19 ) and the module does not have weaken, the install will bail out altogether with a long error encouraging the user to seek support from their vendor (this problem happens most often in vendor-packaged Perl versions). This distribution also contains tests to ensure that weaken is available using more normal methods. So if your module uses "weaken", you can just add the following to your Module::Install-based Makefile.PL (or equivalent). requires 'Task::Weaken' => 0; AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org>, <http://ali.as/> SEE ALSO
Task, Scalar::Util, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2009-06-12 Task::Weaken(3pm)