Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to achieve this output ?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to achieve this output ? Post 302537095 by sidharthmellam on Thursday 7th of July 2011 05:16:41 AM
Old 07-07-2011
I Correct

Thank you upvan , itkamraj , for your replies Smilie

Hi all,

I correct , last 3 sentences

So with the Command , I need to get the location of these logs, that is log1 and log2

how to achieve this output,

Thanks in advance ....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there a way to achieve this with compress?

I'm trying to figure out how I can get an equivalent output to a text file such as if I use gunzip -l filename in that gunzip will output the previous file size and the compressed size and the ratio... is there a way to achieve this with compress and zip? i am very new at shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to achieve following parallel processing thru unix

hey...... i hav the follwing scripts needs to run parallel, so i made it as follows, $HPath/start_script.sh 20 & $HPath/start_script.sh 03 & $HPath/start_script.sh 01 & $HPath/start_script.sh 12 & then once all these above got completed successfully i have to run ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do i need a script to achieve this?

Hi all, i have a following folder call 'zz'. This 'zz' folder is found in the following directories. I would like to delete the zz in the following directories /aa/zz /aa/bb/cc/zz /aa/bb/cc/dd/zz /aa/bb/cc/dd/ee/zz and keep the zz folder in the following directories /WW/zz ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to achieve Serialization in Unix C, C++

How to achieve SERIALIZATION in Unix , C, C++ Write Objects directly to disk and read back ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to achieve this?

hi to all, i have the input(text file) like the below... Header 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 Footer i need a output(text file) like the below... Header,1,2,3,Footer Header,4,5,6,Footer Header,7,8,9,Footer please help me to find out? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaha_naga
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to achieve Synchronization operation between two shells.

Hi all, I have a master shell which will be running in cron tab.It will pick the files from certain directory and call subshell (Child Shell).This subshell / Child Shell runs in the background. My problem is once if the master shell picks the file and passes it to subshell,it should go to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to achieve Parellelism for the function which has multiple cp commands

Hi, Here is my requirement. Currently, there is a function which gets called in a for loop 2 times. doCopy() { cp /src/a*.jar /target/ cp /src/b*.jar /target/ cp /src/c*.jar /target } Since it is called sequentially from the for loop, I was asked to make parellel copy to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgsrinivas
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a simpler way to achieve this?

Hi all I have the following which is part of a larger interactive script for adding virtual hosts to Apache's configuration (it was built for non-technical administrators). I'm curious as to whether there is a simpler way of achieving the same thing. All it does is look into the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlott
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to achieve UTF-8 encoding & URL escape in an xml file?

Is there any i can achieve entity escaping, URL escaping & UTF-8 encoded for the xml generated through shell script? #! /bin/bash echo "<path>" >> file.xml for x in `ls filename*` do echo -e "\t<dir>" >> file.xml echo -e "\t\t<file>$x</file>" >> file.xml... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies
style(1)						      General Commands Manual							  style(1)

Name
       style - analyze surface characteristics of a document

Syntax
       style [-ml] [-mm] [-a] [-e] [-l num] [-r num] [-p] [-P] file...

Description
       The command analyzes the surface characteristics of the writing style of a document.  It reports on readability, sentence length and struc-
       ture, word length and usage, verb type, and sentence openers.  Because runs before looking at the text, formatting header files	should	be
       included  as  part  of  the  input.  The default macro package -ms may be overridden with the flag -mm.	The flag -ml, which causes to skip
       lists, should be used if the document contains many lists of non-sentences.  The other options are used to locate  sentences  with  certain
       characteristics.

Options
       -a Displays all sentences with their length and readability index.

-e Displays all sentences that begin with an expletive.

-l num
	  Displays all sentences longer than num.

-ml
	  Skips lists in document.

-mm
	  Overrides the default macro package -ms.

-P Displays parts of speech of the words in the document.

-p Displays all sentences that contain a passive verb.

-r num
	  Displays all sentences whose readability index is greater than num.

Restrictions
       Use of non-standard formatting macros may cause incorrect sentence breaks.

See Also
       deroff(1), diction(1)

style(1)