Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 7z crashes system
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat 7z crashes system Post 302536979 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 06:40:35 PM
Old 07-06-2011
What do you mean by "crashes your system"? How are you using it?

7z crashing your system, if you mean a catastrophic failure of some sort, is very unusual and may point to memory errors or some other hardware problem. I remember you complaining about random utilities segfaulting before, did you get that resolved?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

gethostnameby_r crashes

Hello all, I'm trying to use gethostbyname_r function with 6 arguments in one of my functions. But the call to this crashes the program. Kindly help me in resolving this... Compiler Info: Linux target: i686-hardhat-linux version: 3.3.1 The following is the piece of code I'm trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajans
1 Replies

2. Programming

C++ program crashes

Hi, Could anyone tell me the reason why the following program crashes? class A { int x; public: A() { cout << "from A()" << endl; } ~A() { cout << "from ~A()" << endl; } }; class B : public A { public: B() { cout << "from B()"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE Konsole crashes (solved)

Hello The KDE konsole crashed after I changed the font size to 64. And It crashes every time when started. How can I get it back? Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:48 AM ---------- solved, I finally find the config file called consolerc. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vic005
0 Replies

4. SuSE

Chromium flashes and crashes

I am running openSUSE 11.2 with KDE4.5 on my eMachines e525. I just did a "zypper up" on my system and it reported that Chromium was going to be updated. I agreed and the when the update was finished I shut down Chromium and started it again. It flickered on the screen for a moment and crashed.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Server crashes when not in use.

Production server crashes when there is no traffic on it. Can only recover by going to ALOM and reboot the server. This seems to happen about the same time every month. The only good thing is the server is not in production at the time of the crash. I have been unable to locate any information in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joeentech
5 Replies

6. Fedora

System Crashes at Midnight with Timer Expired 35 1048688 scs_op C8C521B0 Error, Any Idea's

We've been having issues for about a year, although thankfully they are in-frequent and randam. Meaning it happened a couple of times within a 3 month period, then stopped for a couple of months and then started again. It has happened twice now in the last month. At the stroke of midnight, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: graybeard
5 Replies

7. Programming

C++ program crashes

Hi, Can anyone tell me why the below program is crashing? and where exactly it is crashing. What is the corrective measure to be taken to make it work fine? #include <iostream> #include <cstring> using namespace std; class CString { char* m_data; public: CString() :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl/TK script crashes in MainLoop

I am running a perl/tk function that suddenly crashes in MainLoop. The gui just disappears and an X error is thrown when the code tries to update the non-existent GUI. Any suggestions to debug the root cause which destroys the mw gui? -D- <block name> : <block_name> - 1 -D- row_column_id... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob.pepple
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Apcupsd crashes

I am trying to run apcupsd, but it will not retain contact the UPS root@meow:/home/ethan/UPS/gapcmon-0.8.9# /etc/init.d/apcupsd start Starting UPS power management: A copy of the daemon is still running. If you just stopped it, please wait about 5 seconds for it to shut down.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

10. Web Development

Apache2 Crashes

The Apache server suddenly stops. I am running Debian Jessie Here are some diagnostics: root@meow:/var/www# apachectl configtest AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
4 Replies
rl(1)                                                              User Commands                                                             rl(1)

NAME
rl - Randomize Lines. SYNOPSIS
rl [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
rl reads lines from a input file or stdin, randomizes the lines and outputs a specified number of lines. It does this with only a single pass over the input while trying to use as little memory as possible. -c, --count=N Select the number of lines to be returned in the output. If this argument is omitted all the lines in the file will be returned in random order. If the input contains less lines than specified and the --reselect option below is not specified a warning is printed and all lines are returned in random order. -r, --reselect When using this option a single line may be selected multiple times. The default behaviour is that any input line will only be selected once. This option makes it possible to specify a --count option with more lines than the file actually holds. -o, --output=FILE Send randomized lines to FILE instead of stdout. -d, --delimiter=DELIM Use specified character as a "line" delimiter instead of the newline character. -0, --null Input lines are terminated by a null character. This option is useful to process the output of the GNU find -print0 option. -n, --line-number Output lines are numbered with the line number from the input file. -q, --quiet, --silent Be quiet about any errors or warnings. -h, --help Show short summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. EXAMPLES
Some simple demonstrations of how rl can help you do everyday tasks. Play a random sound after 4 minutes (perfect for toast): sleep 240 ; play `find /sounds -name '*.au' -print | rl --count=1` Play the 15 most recent .mp3 files in random order. ls -c *.mp3 | head -n 15 | rl | xargs --delimiter=' ' play Roll a dice: seq 6 | rl --count 2 Roll a dice 1000 times and see which number comes up more often: seq 6 | rl --reselect --count 1000 | sort | uniq -c | sort -n Shuffle the words of a sentence: echo -n "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain." | rl --delimiter=' ';echo Find all movies and play them in random order. find . -name '*.avi' -print0 | rl -0 | xargs -n 1 -0 mplayer Because -0 is used filenames with spaces (even newlines and other unusual characters) in them work. BUGS
The program currently does not have very smart memory management. If you feed it huge files and expect it to fully randomize all lines it will completely read the file in memory. If you specify the --count option it will only use the memory required for storing the specified number of lines. Improvements on this area are on the TODO list. The program uses the rand() system random function. This function returns a number between 0 and RAND_MAX, which may not be very large on some systems. This will result in non-random results for files containing more lines than RAND_MAX. Note that if you specify multiple input files they are randomized per file. This is a different result from when you cat all the files and pipe the result into rl. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Arthur de Jong. This is free software; see the license for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 0.2.7 Jul 2008 rl(1)