Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Meaning of SDA
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Meaning of SDA Post 302536862 by msarro on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 11:40:46 AM
Old 07-06-2011
Confirmed, I just did it with the sdX device listed by each path in multipath -l. Worked like a bell. Tested both adding and removing devices with no issues.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scsi sda device not mounting !!

I have a small scsi memory disk device that my computer claims is a /dev/sda mount type.. and I have mounted it in the past.. but I just recently reinstalled my whole system to check out a couple of things on my database. including the scsi device and now I can't get it to mount.. i tried to mount... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
20 Replies

2. HP-UX

PGP query with SDA

Hi I have a requirement to have a script which will encrypt a file on my HPUX server in such a way that the receiver of the file only has to enter a passphrase to decrypt (no swapping of keys, etc.) Ideally, I want to use some free software to perform the task. From what I have read so far, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: errigal
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd

Help, suspect hacked via serial or electric! any ideas on error "Pid:1, comm:swapper Tainted:G W 2.6.35-22 generic #33 -unbutu device = "(null)" or unknown-blocklist(8.1) please append a correct "root"boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryclear
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The system will not keep sda as my boot drive

Hi everyone! A very frustrating night!!! I installed a new linux server on my system that has IDE drives and SATA drives. At the time of installation I only had IDE drive plugged in and that is where I install the linux. Everything works fine until I shut the system down and plug in my SATA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytron
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Phantom" overwrite with dd on sda*?

Greetings. Just wondering about a little "quirk" which I seem to have found when using dd ;) (FWIW on that note, I'm using a flash install of Parted Magic to run dd in these tests...) Thinking about it, there should be some measurable excitement associated withdd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

7. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
di_devfs_path(3DEVINFO) 			       Device Information Library Functions				   di_devfs_path(3DEVINFO)

NAME
di_devfs_path, di_devfs_minor_path, di_path_devfs_path, di_path_client_devfs_path, di_devfs_path_free - generate and free path names SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldevinfo [ library... ] #include <libdevinfo.h> char *di_devfs_path(di_node_t node); char *di_devfs_minor_path(di_minor_t minor); char *di_path_devfs_path(di_path_t path); char *di_path_client_devfs_path(di_path_t path); void di_devfs_path_free(char *path_buf); PARAMETERS
node The handle to a device node in a di_init(3DEVINFO) snapshot. minor The handle to a device minor node in a snapshot. path The handle to a device path node in a snapshot. path_buf A pointer returned by di_devfs_path(), di_devfs_minor_path(), di_path_devfs_path(), or di_path_client_devfs_path(). DESCRIPTION
The di_devfs_path() function generates the physical path of the device node specified by node. The di_devfs_minor_path() function generates the physical path of the device minor node specified by minor. The di_path_devfs_path() function generates the pHCI physical path to the device associated with the specified path node. The returned string is identical to the di_devfs_path() for the device had the device not been supported by multipath. The di_path_client_devfs_path() function generates the vHCI physical path of the multipath client device node associated with the device identity of the specified path node. The returned string is identical to the di_devfs_path() of the multipath client device node. The di_devfs_path_free() function frees memory that was allocated to store the path returned by di_devfs_path(), di_devfs_minor_path(), di_path_devfs_path(), and di_path_client_devfs_path(). The caller is responsible for freeing this memory by calling di_devfs_path_free(). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the di_devfs_path(), di_devfs_minor_path(), di_path_devfs_path(), and di_path_client_devfs_path() functions return a pointer to the string containing the path to a device node, a device minor node, or a device path node, respectively. Otherwise, they return NULL and errno is set to indicate the error. For a non-NULL return, the path will not have a "/devices" prefix. ERRORS
The di_devfs_path(), di_devfs_minor_path(), di_path_devfs_path(), and di_path_client_devfs_path() functions will fail if: EINVAL The node, minor, or path argument is not a valid handle. The di_devfs_path(), di_devfs_minor_path(), di_path_devfs_path(), and di_path_client_devfs_path() functions can also return any error value returned by malloc(3C). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
di_init(3DEVINFO), libdevinfo(3LIB), malloc(3C), attributes(5) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 15 May 2008 di_devfs_path(3DEVINFO)