Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with Sed command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with Sed command Post 302536792 by rwuerth on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 08:49:15 AM
Old 07-06-2011
Code:
for i in `find . -type f | xagrs grep -l "UTF\-16"`
do
iconv -f UTF-16 -t UTF-8 $i > $i.old
sed 's/UTF-16/UTF-8/g' $i.old > $i
rm -f $i.old
done

Quote:
I am getting the error xargs not found.
You may want to check the command you typed a bit closer. This may just have been a typo here, but if you made that typo on your attempt it would have said, "xagrs not found".
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to rwuerth For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sed Command

Hello , I am trying to replace a word :: complete to Failed . work: complete Sed command which i am using is given below :: sed s/work: complete/Failed/g temp1.txt > temp2.txt (Sed command is grabled if i use the above .. because of space which is there between work: and complete. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
6 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with sed command

Hi, I have to replace the character AL2 with AL16 which I have in one of my text file . I used the sed command like this sed 's/sed 's/AL2/AL16/g' test_carr.dat>test_carr1.dat But it is not replacing this value to the output file. The test_carr.dat file contains data like this cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command issue

Hi everybody, I have come across a typical problem: I need to use sed command to replace an apostrophe but it is saying no match found in the error sed -e 's/`/'/g' ...but it is not working. Can you please tell me how to use this apostrophe in this sed command please. Thanks. Rubin (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Command Issue

Hello, I want to remove the / found when executing the date command. When I use: date +%D | sed 's/\///' I get: 1105/09 I tried: date +%D | sed 's/\*$///' I need to remove all / from the date command, but it does not seem to work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command issue in linux

I ran one the script in debug mode in linux and have a problem ret='$prmAttunityUser=ais' Now i need to remove $ from this '$prmAttunityUser=ais' so i had added a sed command like this sed 's/$//g' but its not working could you all please help me with an alternate command I want the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in using variable within sed command

Hi All, I am trying to use a variable within the sed command but I am not able to get the output. When I am using the following command (without variable) its working fine: sed -n '/2011\/12\/10 18:11:11./,$p' < Log.txt > Delta_Log.txt But when I am putting the value 2011\/12\/10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoomer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with SED command

I have a file that contains lines like this: allgroups: cn=Role1,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us allgroups: cn=Role1,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us I want to remove the string : ,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us and so I tried to use SED. i tried to assign it to a variable and use it: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with sed command

Hi, I want to use a code like sed -n "1,9988p" filename | wc -l I tried from=1 till=9988 sed -n "/$from/,/$till/p" filename |wc -l Issue: sed -n "1,9988p" filename | wc -l -- Returns 9988 rows But sed -n "/$from/,/$till/p" filename |wc -l # Returns > 9988 rows(Complete file) I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command issue in script

Hi, I am using sed command to extract data from my log file for a certain time interval. From and To "time" are my input arguments. Now if i use the sed command on command line. I get the desired results and If i use it in script.It fails. sed command as command line: sed -n '/04-Mar-2015... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oberoi1403
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with sed command

Hi, I have a script that replaces one string with the other in all files under the specified directory. !/bin/bash # **************** Change Variables Here ************ startdirectory="/opt/app/properties/tmp_new" searchterm="Oracle/Middleware/" replaceterm="" #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
LOCALE(1)                                                        Linux User Manual                                                       LOCALE(1)

NAME
locale - get locale-specific information SYNOPSIS
locale [option] locale [option] -a locale [option] -m locale [option] name... DESCRIPTION
The locale command displays information about the current locale, or all locales, on standard output. When invoked without arguments, locale displays the current locale settings for each locale category (see locale(5)), based on the settings of the environment variables that control the locale (see locale(7)). Values for variables set in the environment are printed without dou- ble quotes, implied values are printed with double quotes. If either the -a or the -m option (or one of their long-format equivalents) is specified, the behavior is as follows: -a, --all-locales Display a list of all available locales. The -v option causes the LC_IDENTIFICATION metadata about each locale to be included in the output. -m, --charmaps Display the available charmaps (character set description files). To display the current character set for the locale, use locale -c charmap. The locale command can also be provided with one or more arguments, which are the names of locale keywords (for example, date_fmt, ctype- class-names, yesexpr, or decimal_point) or locale categories (for example, LC_CTYPE or LC_TIME). For each argument, the following is dis- played: * For a locale keyword, the value of that keyword to be displayed. * For a locale category, the values of all keywords in that category are displayed. When arguments are supplied, the following options are meaningful: -c, --category-name For a category name argument, write the name of the locale category on a separate line preceding the list of keyword values for that category. For a keyword name argument, write the name of the locale category for this keyword on a separate line preceding the keyword value. This option improves readability when multiple name arguments are specified. It can be combined with the -k option. -k, --keyword-name For each keyword whose value is being displayed, include also the name of that keyword, so that the output has the format: keyword="value" The locale command also knows about the following options: -v, --verbose Display additional information for some command-line option and argument combinations. -?, --help Display a summary of command-line options and arguments and exit. --usage Display a short usage message and exit. -V, --version Display the program version and exit. FILES
/usr/lib/locale/locale-archive Usual default locale archive location. /usr/share/i18n/locales Usual default path for locale definition files. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008. EXAMPLE
$ locale LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8" LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8" LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8" LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8" LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8" LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8" LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8" LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8" LC_ALL= $ locale date_fmt %a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Z %Y $ locale -k date_fmt date_fmt="%a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Z %Y" $ locale -ck date_fmt LC_TIME date_fmt="%a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Z %Y" $ locale LC_TELEPHONE +%c (%a) %l (%a) %l 11 1 UTF-8 $ locale -k LC_TELEPHONE tel_int_fmt="+%c (%a) %l" tel_dom_fmt="(%a) %l" int_select="11" int_prefix="1" telephone-codeset="UTF-8" The following example compiles a custom locale from the ./wrk directory with the localedef(1) utility under the $HOME/.locale directory, then tests the result with the date(1) command, and then sets the environment variables LOCPATH and LANG in the shell profile file so that the custom locale will be used in the subsequent user sessions: $ mkdir -p $HOME/.locale $ I18NPATH=./wrk/ localedef -f UTF-8 -i fi_SE $HOME/.locale/fi_SE.UTF-8 $ LOCPATH=$HOME/.locale LC_ALL=fi_SE.UTF-8 date $ echo "export LOCPATH=$HOME/.locale" >> $HOME/.bashrc $ echo "export LANG=fi_SE.UTF-8" >> $HOME/.bashrc SEE ALSO
localedef(1), charmap(5), locale(5), locale(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 LOCALE(1)