Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nested While loop doesn't end Post 302536350 by funonnet on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 07:16:28 AM
Old 07-05-2011
Nested While loop doesn't end

Hi,

Below is my script in which i am using nested while loop to read two files and move the files to a remote server.

My issue is that the 2nd while loop doesn't stop executing and it keeps on executing.

Can someone please let me know where i have gone wrong.
Code:
myFile=$ESER_TEST_FILES

date=`date +"%Y%m%d%H%M%S"`

while read line
do
    dir=`dirname "$line"`
    I_CLI_CODE="`print $line | cut -f4 -d'/'`"
    base=`basename "$line"`
    echo $base
    $JAVA_COMMAND -classpath ${PROCESSES_HOME_DIR}:/nfs/automationworks/lib/ojdbc14.jar:. ${PATH_PACKAGE}.TestFileHandle $I_CLI_CODE
    cli_code=$I_CLI_CODE

myFile=$GETCLIENT_NAME_STATUS
    while read line
    echo $line
    do 

cli_name="`print $line | cut -f2 -d'/'`"
        cli_status="`print $line | cut -f3 -d'/'`"

if [ -d $SCPED_TEST_FILES"$cli_name"_$cli_code ]
        then
            echo "$DIR directory  exists!"
        else
            mkdir $SCPED_TEST_FILES"$cli_name"_$cli_code
        fi

filename=$base-$date
            echo $filename
            #Appending the filename with date and time

mv "$ETEST_FILE_LOC$cli_code/$base" $SCPED_TEST_FILES"$cli_name"_$cli_code/$filename

echo $cli_name

sudo -u vty scp -r $SCPED_TEST_FILES"$cli_name"_$cli_code vty@fs1.local:'/cygdrive/d/TEST\ files/$cli_name$cli_code'

print "$ETEST_FILE_LOC$cli_code/$filename $SCPED_TEST_FILES"$cli_name"$cli_code"                                    >> $TEST_FILE_LIST
            echo false;;
        esac

done < $GETCLIENT_NAME_STATUS

done < $ESER_TEST_FILES

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested loop

I have two do loops. When I break of the inner loop it doesn't go back to the outer loop but exit the program. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinog
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable in While Loop Nested If

Hi all, I'm having problems with the setting a variable in a nested if statement. It doesn't seem to change even if it mets the 'if' condition. My script essentially looks for a user name from the output from a kerberos command. When I find the user name, I tried to change a variable and exit... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geass
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

while read loop w/ a nested if statement - doesn't treat each entry individually

Hi - Trying to take a list of ldap suffixes in a file, run an ldapsearch command on them, then run a grep command to see if it's a match, if not, then flag that and send an email alert. The list file (ldaplist) would look like - *********** o=company a o=company b *********** **... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlefrog
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested loop problem

Please see the following script. basic="a b c" advance="d e f" A="basic advance" for g in $A do echo $g done The result would be obviously basic advance I want to ask how can i get the following result using $A in for loop a b c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this loop end?

Simple script, takes an cmd line argument and counts down to 1. NUMBER=$1 # One argument must be provided, otherwise don't execute if then echo "Error. Enter one argument " exit 0 elif then echo " " fi # Integer value must be greater than zero while do echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested loop code

Greetings, Would anyone be able to tell me why this nested loop doesn't seem to work in any variation? for i in {1..8} do echo "i is "$i for j in {1..i} do echo "j is "$j done doneoutput is always along the lines of i is 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: barnhillec
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if loop

Hi Team, I just want to check whether my nested if loop used is correct or not. if ] if ] export1 else export2 fi else if ] export3 else export4 fi fi Thanks Shiva (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar_S
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested for loop not ending

Hi All, Need help on below script for g in `cat /home/sid.txt` do for h in `cat /home/dev.txt` do symmaskdb -sid $g -dev $h list assign |grep FA |head -1|awk '{print $2}' > tt1.txt done done cat /home/sid.txt ************** 123 235 456 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies

9. Programming

MPI C++ in a nested loop

I have a MPI program like this: void slave1(int j){ MPI_Status status; MPI_Recv(&j,1,MPI_INT,0,0,MPI_COMM_WORLD,&status);} void slave2(int j){ MPI_Status status; MPI_Recv(&j,1,MPI_INT,0,1,MPI_COMM_WORLD,&status);} int main(int argc, char *argv){ int numprocs, rank; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
0 Replies
IS_WRITABLE(3)								 1							    IS_WRITABLE(3)

is_writable - Tells whether the filename is writable

SYNOPSIS
bool is_writable (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Returns TRUE if the $filename exists and is writable. The filename argument may be a directory name allowing you to check if a directory is writable. Keep in mind that PHP may be accessing the file as the user id that the web server runs as (often 'nobody'). Safe mode limitations are not taken into account. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The filename being checked. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the $filename exists and is writable. EXAMPLES
Example #1 is_writable(3) example <?php $filename = 'test.txt'; if (is_writable($filename)) { echo 'The file is writable'; } else { echo 'The file is not writable'; } ?> ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Upon failure, an E_WARNING is emitted. NOTES
Note The results of this function are cached. See clearstatcache(3) for more details. Tip As of PHP 5.0.0, this function can also be used with some URL wrappers. Refer to "Supported Protocols and Wrappers" to determine which wrappers support stat(3) family of functionality. SEE ALSO
is_readable(3), file_exists(3), fwrite(3). PHP Documentation Group IS_WRITABLE(3)