Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with procedure and parameters in a script Post 302536313 by adshocker on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 05:13:36 AM
Old 07-05-2011
Need help with procedure and parameters in a script

Hi,

I'm trying to create a procedure within my script and what I want is something like:

Code:
myproc () {
  PARM1=value after -t
  PARM2=value after -y
}

myproc -t "PARM1 Value" -y "PARM2 Value"

Of course that won't work since there's no such command as "value after -t". But this is what I'm trying to achive.

I'm on AIX by the way.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Starting a script from a Database procedure

Hey guys, I have this problem : I can run on an sqlprompt !ftp_file2.ksh test.xml 172.16.204.81 Anonymous Anonymous which will ftp the file from Unix to an NT machine, but if I do exec shell('sh ftp_file2.ksh test.xml 172.16.204.81 Anonymous Anonymous') it does NOTHING. I have no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidireporting
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2 stored procedure (with input parameters) from script

I have a db2 stored procedure on my database which require 3 parameters, I have the following db2 command in a sql script CONNECT TO SAMPLE; CALL BACKUP(INPUT_1, INPUT_2, INPUT3); Usually, I would just invoke this sql script from my shell script like below db2 -tf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters form unix to Oracle procedure

Hi, I have screen which was desined in PL/SQL Catridges in apps. In that screen some enterable fields these values r the passing parameters to create value sets, functions, menus etc in apps by using front end screens. Now in that screen i have a button. when i click that button it have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekharamy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling procedure from script

Hi All, My script will call a storedprocedure #!/bin/bash # # Script for ........... . ../conf/setting.env # Environment file to set the DATABASE #TODAY=`date '+%Y%m%d_%H'` #echo TODAY = $TODAY sqlplus -s $DATABASE <<EOF spool $TRACKING_LOGDIR/CalcFreqPgsVues_H.log exec... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting proper o/p from a procedure in a script

foll. is my code snippet. #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE CHAR; BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / SET... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Procedure from shell script..

Hello, I created a sql file to create a Procedure, and it was successfully created. I created a sql file to execute the procedure, and it did without any errors, but i dont see the data been updated. The Execute procedure.sql script is: BEGIN set serveroutput on size 1000000 execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get OUT parameter of a stored procedure in shell script?

I am invoking a SQL script from shell script. This SQL script will invoke a stored procedure(which has the OUT parameter). I want to have the OUT parameter in the shell script as a variable. Is this possible? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing procedure using script

Hi, I want to have a automted script to exceute 20 procedures one by one. Suppose below is one procedure once it get executed script will write "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed." to a log for ex- exec dbms_stats.gather_table_stats(); Now later procedure starts executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sub script calling procedure

Hi, I have a doubt regarding how sub scripts will be executed and interested to know internal workflow, For example - My main script is A,it calls a script B then B will call some C....and so on. Then B script run parallel to A or it will wait B to execute then A will continue. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why i can't execute the procedure in shell script?

i have the following code inside a shell script .prog in oracle server when i call the program DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(x_return_status|| ln_rep_req_id); will return 0 , it is very strange , i try to submit the concurrent request in oracle , and it can successfully executed, what am i missing ? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feilhk
1 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)