Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find who logged in system apart from myself Post 302536162 by kailash19 on Monday 4th of July 2011 09:03:25 AM
Old 07-04-2011
Here is the output i get:

Code:
who -u
kailash  pts/0        2011-07-04 10:41   .          8336 (172.31.169.1)
kailash  pts/1        2011-07-04 10:41 03:13        8442 (172.31.169.1)
kailash  pts/3        2011-07-04 15:20 00:48       11094 (172.31.169.1)
kailash  pts/4        2011-07-04 15:20 01:35       11197 (172.31.169.1)
kailash  pts/5        2011-06-28 11:30 04:18       13030 (172.31.168.146)

Code:
kailash  pts/0        2011-07-04 10:41   .          8336 (172.31.169.1)

Its a sample output.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find station from where is logged in

for secure access purposes I want to know where somebody logs in working in K shell I have who am i= giving user and terminal =gxb pts/4 Jan 22 15:0 finger user => gives all sessions of user = Login name: gxb Directory: /home/gxb ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghislain
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the number of users logged in

Hi, can u say to display the number of users that logged before me. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanshine
10 Replies

3. Solaris

how to find who logged in

Hi, How do I find who logged in last 30 days? I have last command command, but is there any option to find only last 30 days? Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Help: users who are not logged into the system to display

A Newbie here, I am working on a script and am having problems with the else part of the script. I can't get the users who are not logged into the system to display on the screen with their username and the text "The user is not logged in". I am sure it is something simple and stupid, but I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchirico
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How can we find out who are all logged out recently?

Hi, I need to find out who are all the users logged out recently or some minutes or some hours ago. :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find top 4 users currently logged on can i use grep

For the first 4 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. It's not important the order in which each logged in i just want to have the top 4. Same question as here...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find top 3 users currently logged on

For the first 3 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find users not logged in for 90 days

Dear All, I need your help in finding out users not logged in to linux system for more than 90 days. I found a script from our forum i am getting error while using that. from the code i have debugged line by line to see where i am getting the problem. i found out the below line i am getting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachinlinux
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users logged into the system

So I'm trying to write a single line command So I have to use last first in this command and I've figured out the format my professor wants it in, something like thislast | cut -d' ' -f1,15 | sort > check | uniq -c.... and I never can get it right, when I just last command I get something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoubleAlpha
2 Replies
PTS_QUIT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						       PTS_QUIT(1)

NAME
pts_quit - Exit from pts interactive mode SYNOPSIS
pts quit [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts q [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts quit command exits from pts interactive mode. The command can be run from the command line or interactively, but on the command line it does nothing and is therefore of questionable utility. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts quit command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
Although they have no effect, pts quit takes the following standard pts options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command produces no output. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a pts interactive session: % pts interactive pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_QUIT(1)