Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find who logged in system apart from myself Post 302536149 by kailash19 on Monday 4th of July 2011 08:19:28 AM
Old 07-04-2011
Thanks pludi.

but the problem is :

like the user "root" is being used by many users to login and i want to find that apart from me(current user ) who else have logged in with root.So just excluding the name of user doesn't help Smilie.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find station from where is logged in

for secure access purposes I want to know where somebody logs in working in K shell I have who am i= giving user and terminal =gxb pts/4 Jan 22 15:0 finger user => gives all sessions of user = Login name: gxb Directory: /home/gxb ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghislain
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the number of users logged in

Hi, can u say to display the number of users that logged before me. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanshine
10 Replies

3. Solaris

how to find who logged in

Hi, How do I find who logged in last 30 days? I have last command command, but is there any option to find only last 30 days? Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Help: users who are not logged into the system to display

A Newbie here, I am working on a script and am having problems with the else part of the script. I can't get the users who are not logged into the system to display on the screen with their username and the text "The user is not logged in". I am sure it is something simple and stupid, but I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchirico
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How can we find out who are all logged out recently?

Hi, I need to find out who are all the users logged out recently or some minutes or some hours ago. :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find top 4 users currently logged on can i use grep

For the first 4 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. It's not important the order in which each logged in i just want to have the top 4. Same question as here...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find top 3 users currently logged on

For the first 3 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find users not logged in for 90 days

Dear All, I need your help in finding out users not logged in to linux system for more than 90 days. I found a script from our forum i am getting error while using that. from the code i have debugged line by line to see where i am getting the problem. i found out the below line i am getting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachinlinux
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users logged into the system

So I'm trying to write a single line command So I have to use last first in this command and I've figured out the format my professor wants it in, something like thislast | cut -d' ' -f1,15 | sort > check | uniq -c.... and I never can get it right, when I just last command I get something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoubleAlpha
2 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_ISSUE(8)