Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Script fails when generated output file reaches a particular size Post 302535917 by achenle on Saturday 2nd of July 2011 08:26:08 PM
Old 07-02-2011
It's impossible to help without you telling us EXACTLY what's failing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to Append date to generated .txt file

Hi, Can anyone plz share their experience with - Building shell script to append the file with date in following format- Filename_MMDDYYYY.txt Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince_of_focus
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare file size from a output file from a script

Hi guys, firstly I'm working on SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 I've made a script to compress two directory and then send them to an other server via ftp. This is working very well. Inside theis script I decide to log usefull data for troubleshooting in case of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moustik
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shPID file generated from shell script

I have a ksh script that runs a sqlplus script. Every time I run the ksh script it generates a log file like it should and a file called shPID (sh47398.1) with the text of the sql script. Why is it doing this? It is the only ksh script that I have that does this. thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Grep column 3 from csv file generated yesterday

Hello, Can any one please assist how to scirpt it: Every day a new log file is create and I want to process only the one generated yesterday and get the data of column 3 and 6. For example today's date is 24 then I want to get the data of log file created on 23rd. Log Files in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for deleting files and directories when the file system reaches the threshold

Hi Can someone assist in writing a script. I have a filesystem named /sybase in my aix lpar. When this filesystem becomes 94% full all the files and directories under /sybase/logs should be deleted immediately. :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output after a perl script gives a file with size zero.

Hi, I have a unix shell script which generates a flat file after connecting to Teradata servers to fetch tables and views and also picks up modified unix scripts from the specified paths. Later on the script calls a perl script to assign a value based on the type of object in the flat file which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to rename file that was generated today and which starts with date

hello, can someone please suggest a script to rename a file that was generated today and filename that being generated daily starts with date, its a xml file. here is example. # find . -type f -mtime -1 ./20130529_4995733057260357019.xml # this finename should be renamed to this format.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generated csv files size are more than 3GB

Hi i have a shell script which will generate the CSV files from a group of XML files. but the XML files are in 50K plus. so the generated CSV files are more then 4 GB in size. is there any way i can take care in the scripting itself to make the shell script efficent to write data into CSV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny13392
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies
UPDATE-PROFILE-CACHE(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   UPDATE-PROFILE-CACHE(1)

NAME
update-profile-cache - (re)generate profile assignment cache SYNOPSIS
update-profile-cache DESCRIPTION
Running this script (re)generates the cache of profile assignments used by desktop-profiles. By default this script is run automatically once a day by a cron script. NOTE: No cache of assignments will be generated in cases where cache use isn't supported by desktop-profiles (at the moment caching pro- file assingments is only supported in the simple case when no group or command requirements are used for activation of profiles, i.e. when we have a static machine-wide profile assignment). FILES
/etc/desktop-profiles/*.listing - Files containing the metadata about installed profiles /etc/default/desktop-profiles - File containing default settings for this script AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Cornelis <cobaco@skolelinux.no>. SEE ALSO
desktop-profiles(7), profiles-manager(1), list-desktop-profiles(1) desktop-profiles December 13, 2006 UPDATE-PROFILE-CACHE(1)