Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Linking in OpenSSL libcrypto Statically Post 302535714 by BrandonShw on Friday 1st of July 2011 12:21:18 PM
Old 07-01-2011
Thanks, but I have one point of confusion. How can I make this apply only to the one library libcrypto and not to any of the others in the list?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. Programming

HOw to load dynamic lib from a statically linked program ?

I need to load a dynamic library from a statically linked program. Is there a way without recompiling my program. when i try to do that my program just crashes. If not possible, how can I avoid crashing the program when i try to load the dynamic lib, again without recompiling. If my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to compile a program statically

how can i do static compilation in cc and -lldap i have system defined and user defined header file. Can any one suggest any site where from i can get some information about static and dynamic compilation. Thankx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhakti
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is linking possible?

how would i link 2 files together? is it the same as copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

5. Solaris

g++ linking problem...

I use Solaris 10, compiling with a custom g++ (3.4.6) and GNU binutils (2.17). Things have gone well on two different systems, but when I tried moving to a third, it all fell over. Basically, it is now using the CC linker, but I need to use options not available to it. I believe I have found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

6. Programming

dlopen failing on library with statically linked dependencies

I am attempting to port a program from OS X to Linux. It's C++ & Qt Creator and I did the original Windows to OS X port, so I tried to make it as POSIX-compliant as possible; the OS X port works well, and the Linux port builds and starts (it's on Ubuntu 9.10) but has some issues running. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hodapp87
2 Replies

7. Solaris

libcrypto.so.0.9.7

Hi Can anyone tell me the use of libcrypto.so.0.9.7 ? I know it is used for SSH. Also is there a way to look into the content of these jars? Also is there a way to uncompress the same? i tried # uncompress libcrypto.so.0.9.7 libcrypto.so.0.9.7.Z: No such file or directory # jar xvf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flinders1323
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Curl: fatal: libcrypto.so.1.0.0

Hi, I've installed curl with all despondency but when I try to start it I get: root@xxx> curl ld.so.1: curl: fatal: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: open failed: No such file or directory Killed Looks like I have to change/make symlinks but I don't know how/where. Any idia? ---------- Post... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
3 Replies

9. AIX

Create shared libs on AIX (with certain libs which are statically linked)

I want to create a shared lib with certain libs statically linked to it. I can generate a fully shared lib as follows: gcc -maix64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./src -DHAVE_OPENSSL -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/apr-1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/java8_64/include -shared -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandeepgautam
0 Replies
SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(3)					      OpenSSL						SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list, SSL_set_cipher_list - choose list of available SSL_CIPHERs LIBRARY
libcrypto, -lcrypto SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(SSL_CTX *ctx, const char *str); int SSL_set_cipher_list(SSL *ssl, const char *str); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list() sets the list of available ciphers for ctx using the control string str. The format of the string is described in openssl_ciphers(1). The list of ciphers is inherited by all ssl objects created from ctx. SSL_set_cipher_list() sets the list of ciphers only for ssl. NOTES
The control string str should be universally usable and not depend on details of the library configuration (ciphers compiled in). Thus no syntax checking takes place. Items that are not recognized, because the corresponding ciphers are not compiled in or because they are mistyped, are simply ignored. Failure is only flagged if no ciphers could be collected at all. It should be noted, that inclusion of a cipher to be used into the list is a necessary condition. On the client side, the inclusion into the list is also sufficient. On the server side, additional restrictions apply. All ciphers have additional requirements. ADH ciphers don't need a certificate, but DH-parameters must have been set. All other ciphers need a corresponding certificate and key. A RSA cipher can only be chosen, when a RSA certificate is available. RSA export ciphers with a keylength of 512 bits for the RSA key require a temporary 512 bit RSA key, as typically the supplied key has a length of 1024 bit (see SSL_CTX_set_tmp_rsa_callback(3)). RSA ciphers using EDH need a certificate and key and additional DH-parameters (see SSL_CTX_set_tmp_dh_callback(3)). A DSA cipher can only be chosen, when a DSA certificate is available. DSA ciphers always use DH key exchange and therefore need DH- parameters (see SSL_CTX_set_tmp_dh_callback(3)). When these conditions are not met for any cipher in the list (e.g. a client only supports export RSA ciphers with a asymmetric key length of 512 bits and the server is not configured to use temporary RSA keys), the "no shared cipher" (SSL_R_NO_SHARED_CIPHER) error is generated and the handshake will fail. If the cipher list does not contain any SSLv2 cipher suites (this is the default) then SSLv2 is effectively disabled and neither clients nor servers will attempt to use SSLv2. RETURN VALUES
SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list() and SSL_set_cipher_list() return 1 if any cipher could be selected and 0 on complete failure. SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_get_ciphers(3), SSL_CTX_use_certificate(3), SSL_CTX_set_tmp_rsa_callback(3), SSL_CTX_set_tmp_dh_callback(3), openssl_ciphers(1) 1.0.1i 2014-08-10 SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(3)